Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday night

Yes, it's friday night, and I'm home making a post to my blog. I REALLY need to get out and find more babysitters.

Today was a long day. I started out by taking Gary out to get a haircut. He loves the woman that cuts his hair. I told him he was getting a haircut, and he asked "We're going to see Woo?" Her name is Lu, but of course he can't say the L's yet, so we went to see "Woo". After the haircut (which looks adorable), we went out to get some family photos. By family I mean ALL four of us, not just the boys! We also brought Nana (Jerry's grandma) along to get some shots with her and the boys. Gary was great, as usual, and Brendan was Brendan, as usual. Gary has always been fabulous for photos, for his first 2 years, I went and got his pictures taken every 3 months or so. With Brendan, I was lucky enough to get them shortly after birth, at 4 months, at 8 months, and now. I think I might do it again at 18 months, and then again at 2. He's just not fun to try to get to stand or sit still for more than 5 seconds. He has an intense one track mind, and once he's found something that grabs his attention (today it was the pocket doors at the photographers studio) he doesn't give up, and will throw tantrums until he gets back to it. Don't get me wrong, I love that little turd like crazy, he's just much more intense than Gary ever was. It all paid off, though, as the pictures turned out AWESOME. There was one of the two boys that was so darn cute it nearly made me cry. I wish I had a scanner (or updated software for my scanner), I would post a picture. Those of you I see I'll just have to show you the wallets when I get them.

After pictures, the four of us took Nana to the Happy Joes buffet for lunch. Brendan was pretty upset for majority of the time unless you were feeding him. That boy has a bottomless pit where a stomach should be. He gained 1 pound last week alone. He is up to 26 lbs, 10 oz as of yesterday. Cripes. I'm gonna have to cut down on the food. He's gonna get PISSED, but I don't want him to be an overweight child. They say the weight gain slows and they slim down once they start walking, well- he's been walking for two months now, and he's gaining even faster than when he was crawling. Yikes.

After lunch I took the boys home and put them down for naps. Later in the afternoon my mom stopped by to watch the boys while I ran out to a few garage sales. Didn't do too bad!

I made supper for the boys, (french toast and bananas), and then relaxed until daddy came home. Daddy is now watching Sci-Fi Friday, Gary is sitting on his lap under a blanket, and Brendan is asleep. I think I may follow suit soon. Tomorrow I'm going to a Signature Homestyles show at a friends house. I've never heard of it before, so I really have no idea what kind of products they offer. I guess we'll find out!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lis- I'm still trying to secure a sitter. I left a message with one of them, and I haven't heard back, but it's not looking good. I'll try to arrange something with SOMEONE so we can get out and help you all celebrate Jer's birthday. Happy 31st Birthday, Jer!

No comments: