Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome 2007!

Wow! 2006 is gone, thank God, (and it can burn in hell, for all I care). Welcome 2007! Welcome to a whole new year of opportunities and possibilities! More than anything, I just hope it's a better year for Jerry. 2006 is a year I'm sure he would just as soon forget.

I have your typical New Year's resolution. Lose weight. I was kinda bad and let myself go after stopping WW. Gained all the weight back +5lbs. Gah. So, today I started back on the WW plan (I'm not going to meetings, just using all of the booklets and the calculator I got the first time around). I'm renewing my membership to the Camp Courageous pool, and I'm going to try for 2 days a week rather than 3. I think I got burned out trying to get someone to watch the kids so I could swim 3 days a week. Must get healthy. I've been snoring again, and I've been having a few pimples pop out here and there, and I know it's directly due to my weight. All of that goes away when the weight is down. I also have another resolution. Hit my Discover card debt hard. I have the VISA all but a couple hundred dollars paid off, and so I will then throw those payments towards the Discover, plus I'm gonna pinch pennies and try to only make necessary purchases so I can put even more money towards it. I have fallen into the credit card debt cycle, and I must break it. Still keeping my eye out for that lucrative part-time job, as well. ;)

WOW what a great New Year's eve party we went to last night!! Lis and Jer hosted a fabulous shindig at their new home, and did it ever get rowdy! Most of us sampled the liquor (ok, GUZZLED), and many of us were feeling VERY well by midnight. (Andi, I hope you finally got your chance after 3 years! If not, I drank more than enough for the two of us!) We were there until 3 am. Came home, and I was finally in bed by 4. Yikes. I haven't seen those hours for years. And of course, I was up by 8am with the boys. Yuck.


Jerry was very happy to see the end of 2006, can ya tell??


This was a picture that Jen attempted to take of the two of us. It didn't work out too well. I thought it was a funny picture, though!




One of the guys at the party brought some homemade bottle rockets. Jerry has one of them in his mouth. I don't know why.




Ahhh, Lis, I luv ya. I love this picture. I had such a great time, and from this picture, I'm guessing you did, too. ;)




Marty and Billy were getting very cozy towards the end of the night.





It was great time, and I lived it up since today is the first day of WW again. I have the rest of the photos as well as several others from Christmas and other events on my new account at Flickr. You can find them here http://www.flickr.com/photos/35821942@N00/ (you may have to copy and paste the address into your browser window)
Let me know in the comments if that link doesn't take you to my pics. I've tried it, and it works here, but who the hell knows.......

Do something to remember in 2007! Love you all, my friends and family!

2 comments:

Lis said...

Mel~ my so party'n days are OVER!!!! time to crack the wipe myself and shed the weight!!! that was my last night too!!!!! We should make a "walk date" weekly...

Video Babe said...

Oh my, I really barely remember being there. I figure those photos were 2 bottles of wine, a beer and several glasses of really cheap champagne later. I did find out that Airborne works pretty good for a hangover! I had to make dinner for 10 and a cake for Willie's 8th birthday on the 1st to boot.

10 of the most powerful 2 letter words: If it is to be, it is up to me!

You can do anything you put your mind to! Go for whatever you want!