Thursday, February 22, 2007

Someone stop me!!

Oh my gosh, this is so much fun! I think I have found my calling!! I can't stop! I cranked out this necklace, bracelet, and earrings in an hour this morning. After time, I may have to check out the market on eBay, or do an on-line store or something. I will have WAY too much jewelry sitting around, otherwise. Now, before everyone goes asking me to make them something, I must say this: I'm still learning. After all, I haven't even been doing this a week! I only know the basics, stringing beads, crimping, and making loops out of headpins to make earrings. I want to take classes so I can learn more, like actually making things out of silver wire. I'm not that great with vision...seeing the final piece, and I'm having problems with creativity; figuring out which beads look good with which, etc. Let me work on it some more, and I can start taking requests/orders.

Another totally yummy thing. MY SLEEP NUMBER BED CAME! I am so totally pumped to take a nap. I woke up this morning with horrible pain in my hips and shoulders...I was up more than a dozen times flipping from one side to the next, so I am so happy it's here. Just playing around, I'm starting off at a 30 instead of the the 65 I came up with at the store. It's just must "softer" and it feels like sleeping in cotton!! Aaaaaaaahhh!

It's much cooler today, 35 degrees, but the sun is incredible. Not a cloud in the sky, and my house is being bathed in sun. I have several HUGE southern exposure windows, and I can't believe how good I feel with all of this natural light. Geez, I'm so giddy now that one might think I was bipolar!!

Off to my nap now!!

2 comments:

mgutzeitporter said...

Wow Mel..you are doing a great job with your jewelry!! Very pretty! How is your sleep number bed working? Scott and I slept on one last year when we went on vaca to Va Beach...it was wonderful! I've been trying to talk him into it ever since! So glad to hear you're doing better! This weather has been an amazing cure for the winter blahs!

Anonymous said...

Sqrew Lia Sophia, I am shopping at Mel's jewelry store!!!