Thursday, June 28, 2007

Milestone

Brendan went the entire night withOUT a pacifier (edit-originally I had said with a pacifier.) That is HUGE here. Huge. He hasn't gone to bed without a pacifier since we introduced him to one. In my attempts to wean him from the plug, I've been leaving the pacifier in the crib during the day, and he only got it during naps and bedtime. Well yesterday, the paci found its way out of the crib, and Brendan had it throughout the day. Night time came, and I couldn't find a single pacifier for him. I was scared, but I told him that the "paci was gone" and he went to sleep without whining, crying, or screaming. He never once called out in the night. The first thing he said when I came into his room was "paci now?". I just said, "paci gone" and he's been repeating that ever since. Maybe we can quit cold turkey....we'll see!!

3 comments:

Lis said...

Blade was a HUGE thumb sucker... he just recently quit, still has to have his blankie but is getting a lot better about not being SO attached. It will take time for Brendan to let go of it completely but it will happen.
We are pooling something for this weight loss thing... the four of us! Lets do it!!! Plans for the weekend?
Think we are free Friday night? Supper??

Video Babe said...

Don't buy another one!!! Stick it out, you will be glad you did. Willie had to have a mouth appliance put in to stop his finger sucking - that was aweful.

Kati said...

Good for Brendan! That's how we got Deacon to quit his, cold turkey. He never really made a fuss about it.