Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh so productive

Wow. There is something magical in the air when Jerry is gone..... (is that a bad thing?) I have been so productive in the past three days, and not that anyone care, but I will list what I have managed to do in the past few days WHILE taking care of the kidlets.

Lawn mowed and trimmed
Picked tomatoes
Cleaned up all outdoor toys (this is a task)
All laundry done and put away, including all bedding.
All dishes caught up, sinks clean
Fridge and freezer all cleaned out, old food tossed, shelves scrubbed
Deep cleaned kitchen, incl. floors scrubbed, cabinets scrubbed, everything dusted
Cleaned, dusted, vacuumed and organized office. This took me three hours today- the entire naptime
Cleaned both bathrooms- scrubbed out shower stalls/tubs, too
Cleaned my bedroom; dusted, vacuumed
Vacuumed stairs
Cleaned entryway and mopped
Got a haircut and eyebrows waxed


That's about all I can think of for now. I'm quite proud of myself. All I really have left to do is clean up and dust the boys rooms, but I've cleaned them fairly recently, so that shouldn't take long, and then my major chore is cleaning the living room, i.e. the land where toys end up. It's hasn't been cleaned nor vacuumed in WELL over a week, and it's just nasty. So don't be coming over until at least Wednesday, I won't let you past the door! I think I'm cresting over this funk, I've felt good for the most part for the past few days. Maybe I just needed a small vacation from Jerry. Bless his heart, I love him to death, but sometimes a break is just nice. Which reminds me, I need to talk to Michaela; our 8 (yes, 8) year anniversary is coming up quickly, and I want to see if she can sit so Jerry and I can go on a date. We've been really good about going on dates this past year. Michaela is a miracle in human form. She's awesome.

Women's choir started again, and tonight was my first night there. I feel pretty comfortably in that group now, they're all really fun. It's a nice mix of young 'uns and blue hairs, so I don't feel totally out of place. We have some goofy ass songs this year, and Francie better not make us dance this year. Mel doesn't dance. At all.

I'm going to have to figure out something for the boys and I to do tomorrow...we don't have anything planned, and Gary doesn't have school tomorrow. I'll go nuts if I am cooped up in the house with the two of them all day. Maybe we'll go find a park somewhere. Asbury has a nice park, the boys really enjoyed it there when we went.

Bleh. I'm babbling. I'm good at that though. Somebody give me a topic and I'll babble about it, k?

Yeah, I need sleep.

5 comments:

Kati said...

Wow, I would say you got something done! I don't blame you from wanting a little vacation from Jerry, sometimes that is nice and refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Good job Mel! I'm proud of you! Actually, you guys are miracles in human form! I love you all so much! I'd be happy to help you out for your anniversary! Just let me know.

♥Michaela♥

Desi and Matt said...

I'd love to get some motivation to deep clean.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forget to add...you guys make me feel so good and useful! Thanks!

Video Babe said...

Are you for hire? I will pay top dollar! Please call me if you are ever at Asbury park and so close. I can give you some "grownup talk" while the boys play.