Brendan has been a little tough to handle over the past few weeks...thank goodness he's improved over the past few days!! One day while I was upstairs getting dressed, he dumped an entire container of Q-tips into the "cave" (toilet). I had to fish them out by hand. Another day, he decided that while playing outside he didn't want to wear his shoes anymore. Remember all of the rain we had received a few days back? Our yard was quite muddy, and soon his socks were, too. Another day I was online finding material for our next MOPS meeting. The TV was on and a Blue's Clue's movie was on. I assumed (poorly) that both boys were watching the movie. About 10 minutes later Gary comes running in "mommy, brendan's throwing rocks". I go to our basement steps and find chaos. We have a small rock garden near our basement stairs with potted plants in it. Brendan has an obsession with rocks. He had taken something like 20-30 handfuls of rocks and tossed them down the basement stairs. Every step from the top to the bottom had DOZENS of rocks on it. To make matters worse, he decided to grab handfuls of dirt from the plants and throw that down the stairs, too. Brendan was spanked, and sent to time out until I finished cleaning up the mess, nearly 20 minutes. Earlier this week I was taking a day to try some potty training. He was wearing some pants and no diaper, and at one point Gary came running down from the play room yelling "mommy, Brendan's got a turd!". Brendan had pooped his pants, the turd rolled out his pants, and he was carrying it around. Later that same day he went into the bathroom to pee, came out a little later after doing so. I praised him, gave him a sticker, and had him go play. I went into the bathroom later on, and I don't think any of that pee made it in the toilet. It was all over the seat and floor. A month ago or so, he drug a large plastic tote across the living room and put it on the hearth of the fireplace. He climbed up on the tote to get something off of the mantle and in the process knocked off one of my Willow Tree figurines and broke the heads off of the statue of the mother snuggling her young son. Another day I was putting clothes away in my room, and all the while Brendan was taking Q-tips and tossing them, one by one, down the register. He loves Q-tips, too. There are several more examples, but they escape my memory right now. Maybe that's natures way of ensuring multiple children in a family. The parents forget the bad over time.....
He's so incredibly sweet, so I guess I can overlook what a turd he's been lately. He has the goofiest grins. I will always melt when I hear "I wuv you, mommy!". Today I went to a store and when I strapped him in his car seat for the ride home, he said, "I want a hug. An a kiss. An anuhver (another) hug. An anuhver kiss. An anuhver hug." You get the idea. It was too cute. Then he'll bring me something, and follow it up with "Here you go, mommy". I just love hearing his cute little voice..... I want him to grow up and stop being so, well, TWO, but I'll want it all back down the road, I know it.




6 comments:
LoL and I thought Deacon was bad. I think Brendan may have him beat. THey are pretty freakin' funny stories though, even though at the time not so funny later you just have to laugh!
Willie used to wear short, no undies and let the turds roll into the rocks on the side of the house, ours or anyone elses. I know it feels hard right now, but these are really happy times. But you also need to have him help you too. I made Mitchel clean up his pee once and he never missed again.
Brendan does some pretty funny things that aren't funny at the time. That's what makes him Brendan! He's done many things like the stories you've told when I've been with him. Silly kid!
Hang in there it could be worse. I just recintly started to work with a kid that as been diegnosed with ossburgers (sp?) and some other mild problems. He is about brendons age and the sweetest kid if I take a second to stop pulling out my hair and my internal diolog is not cursing him. Be thankfull for to healthy boys
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one constantly having to fish things out of the toilet by hand! Speaking of fishing things out of places by hand, when you wrote about your boys (one of them?) pooping in the bath tub, I just thought that was so strange ... HOWEVER, I have found out recently that Emma (14 months) is also a bathtub pooper! She has done it about three times and Anna (4) was definitely not happy about it when they were in the tub together :) !
Jane Kucharik
P.S. Liz Strang (Hogan) is expecting her fifth(!) baby and has a new blog with her younger sister Michaela at momandsisters.blogdrive.com
Sounds like you may have an "Issac" on your hands! Oh my I remember those days well with Issac... he was my most michevious (sp??) one of the bunch but believe me they have all done their fair share! Enjoy these times because it will go fast and then before you know it they'll be in jr. high...
Just remember its boys being boys :)
I have many stories I could share with you... you had me laughing and little teary eyed, thank you!
Post a Comment