First off, did anyone that's not in eastern Iowa watch The Biggest Loser last night? KWWL was on the air for the first hour of the show about Dance Hall at UNI being on lockdown because a gunman was threatening to come to the dorm to confront a student. (on a side note, both me and my sister lived in Dancer while at UNI!) So because of this, I completely missed out on the entire first half of The Biggest Loser. So what I want to know is, how in the world did Ali and Mark end up back on the show??? Can someone clue me in??
Second- American Idol. Wow, last night the show was AMAZING.
First was Sayesha- she was good, but nothing outstanding, and nothing memorable. Her hair was nasty- I love her 'fro and she should just work it.
Chekezie- wow!!! I was convinced he should have been one of the first of the top 24 to go home, but tonight's performance easily puts him in the top 5! He blew me away- it was fun, entertaining, and his vocals are amazing. He is so controlled- he goes into falsetto without wavering- and it was just a complete turnaround from any of his previous performances. I'm not really sure of the order of the rest of them, so I'll just comment on them as they come to mind.
Ramiele- I completely agree with the judges- BORING! Her song was way too big for her, and she was inappropriately overdramatic and it made her look like the weekest link in a second rate show choir.
Carly- OMG! That girl can wail. It's obvious that she's been performing a long time- her moves are so natural, and she just has so much personality! Not to mention I love hearing her talk with her Irish accent. She is my favorite for the females.
David Hernandez- bleh. bleh. bleh. I take back my statement about Ramiele. David H. is the odd-man out in a crappy show choir. His song choice was terrible, and his moves were worse. He tried too hard, and fell flat on his face. Not literally, of course. He just sucked.
Jason Castro- eh. I've thought from day one that his voice sounds too much like Enrique Iglesias to take seriously. He's done better, he's done worse. He's got a lot of natural talent, though, so he's not one I dislike. He's got a lot of control of his voice, it's just too bad his face looks like he's passing a kidney stone to get that control.
Amanda Overmyer- call me crazy, but I just love this girl. I love her sassy side, and I love that she's a rocker chick. It does bug me that she sounds EXACTLY the same week after week, but the dark, raspy sound makes her stand out that much more. In a good way.
Brooke- she's really good, she's beautiful, and she's just a little too goody-goody for me. But her performance was right on, and her rendition was just beautiful. She's obviously threw herself into the performance emotionally, as the tears gave away. I would just like to see her away from the piano- I feel she's using it a crutch. Then again, it's not necessarily a bad thing- it certainly worked for Tori Amos.
David Cook- yum yum yum. I will love anything this man does. He could be singing something from N'Sync and I'd still be swooning. However, I didn't think his performance last night was quite as good as the week before, but I still loved it. I'm afraid it might get a little old down the road how he puts a rock spin on every song he does. I'd like to see him vary his selections a little, even if when American Idol is done and he settles in a rock career- it's still nice to know he could do something different vocally.
Michael Johns- I have thing for Aussie's, and this guy's no exception. I thought he did much better than the judges felt he did- I didn't feel the song need that extra "punch" that the judges were looking for. I think this was one of his best performances. It really showcased his vocals, which are much better than I remembered.
Kristy Lee- I really don't have much to say. It was horrible. She was, as Randy would say, "pitchy", her country adaptation was pathetic. She didn't have control- she was all over the place. If David Hernandez doesn't go home, it's DEFINITELY her.
Little David Archuleta- poor kid. that was definitely his worst performance. He actually forgot the lyrics in three different parts of the song! Poor kid. He really should have waited a couple years and tried again. This year I don't think he'll make it past the top 5- I think if he would have waited until he was at least 18, he would have more experience, and he could have gone further. I think he's adorable, and his voice is unbelieveable, but I just don't think that this year is his time.
I put David Cook and Carly as the top two, and David Hernandez and Kristi Lee in the bottom two, with Kristi going home.
So that my Idol Recap for the night.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Biggest Loser: So they brought back all the kicked off people and let them weigh in. The top man and woman that lost the most weight were asked back.
AI: I COMPLETELY agree with you. I'm sick of hearing about David Hernandez and his gay stripper past. David Cook and Carly were easily the best last night. Now I wish they would just skip to the top six and cut the crap. It is very obvious who is good and who needs to go home. Why drag it out?
I agree with your bottom 2. I think that Ramille was down there too, but her previous performances will probably keep her on for a bit. I will call you crazy about skunk hair, I do not like her and hated her prison pants that matched her hair!
Kristi needs to be voted out! I have never liked her. She kinda stinks, and last night's performance was nauseating. I also liked Amanda better last week.
to me amanda is ok..but everytime i hear her i think...ok go have another cigerate..cuz of the raspy voice...other than that i like brooke & carly the most last night of the girls...oh the guys i would agree cheekizie (sp?) & david cook
Post a Comment