Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This n that

Won't be a long post. Just letting you all know that this blog isn't abandoned. Just extremely busy, and my calendar keeps filling.

I've been keeping busy with city-wide garage sales, uncles Dennis and Ron, and Desi and Matt were back in town for major cleaning at my grandmas- 30 or so garbage bags filled, and a very impressive pile of junk for city wide garbage pick up. Grandma is moving into senior housing, so we've been cleaning and tossing A LOT!!

Women's choir (concert is Sunday afternoon), Jaycees, MOPS, lots and lots of yard work, and definitely taking advantage of this wonderful weather. Got a slight sunburn today. The inside of my house is feeling the effects of me being outside so much. I need to vacuum DESPERATELY. I also have 3 laundry baskets of folded clothes that need to go upstairs and be put away.

Jerry and I started moving our swingset tonight- Gary cut up his leg pretty good today on the crappy, broken up old swingset, so we're tossing it (finally) and moving the newer one up closer to the house and *finally* getting it finished. Will have to move the clothesline poles, so we'll need Bob's tractor to pull them up. Hopefully we can get this all done this weekend.

Oh, and I finally have that interview on Friday. I don't know what to think. Part of me hopes they offer me the job, but the pay isn't enough, so I'll have to turn it down. Part of me hopes that they offer me the job and offer me an insane salary. I'm having cold feet. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

I'll post more later- don't know when for sure, but later.

I'll leave you with this anecdote. (Kati, I already told you this one) I was giving Gary a bath the other night. He was playing with his.... uh.... boy parts, and he managed to give himself an erection. Then he said "Look, mommy! It's a light switch! If I push it down (imagine him pushing his penis down), the lights in the city go out!" I about died

4 comments:

Kati said...

Mel do you have someone to watch the boys so everyone can go to your concert on Sunday? I have nothing go on so if you need a place for them to go for a couple hours just let me know, they can sure come over.

Mel said...

Michaela doesn't have her Camp Fire ceremony until 6:30, so she'll be watching the boys for me.

Thanks for the offer, though!!

Michaela said...

LOL Gary! Kids say the darndest things, don't they?

Desi and Matt said...

Just when I thought I'd heard it all! Oh, Gary James.

GOOD LUCK with the interview, Mel. You deserve this. No cold feet. Just say yes. :) Matt