Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring.....


Kinda tired of this crappy weather. Have a chance for rain all of this week, so it doesn't look like we'll get a break for the time being.

Let's see.....
Saturday, we had a new sitter join the four of us as we went to Seth and Michelle's baby shower in the am. She's a sweet girl, only 11, but she only live 2 house away, and her parents are right there (not to mention my own parents live just down the hill on the same block). She also has a lot of experience sitting for her niece who just turned 4. We'll start out easy for her, a couple hours here and there while I run errands, or Jerry and I go out to eat, etc. I might try to find one more sitter sometime so we'll always have someone to watch the boys if something comes up.

Saturday p.m. we went to my parents house and had pizza, watched the taped Desperate Housewives episode from last week. Around 9 or so Desi and Matt came over and we had a pretty competitive game of UNO going on. All in all, a pretty relaxed day.

Mother's Day. Seriously, it was like the kids knew it was mother's day. Brendan slept until 9, and Gary slept until 9:30! Unbelievable! They did have long days the day before, but I still couldn't believe that Brendan (who is usually up around 7) slept until 9!!!! We went and enjoyed lunch at my parent's house, and then went to Granny's house to wish Jerry's mom a happy mother's day. Jerry made a realization that I really didn't do anything special that day, nothing "just for me", so he asked me what I want to do next year. I told him, go to a hotel/waterpark somewhere. That way we get out of the house, and the kids would be happy, and I always love water, so I would be happy. Next year, Brendan will be 2 so he'll really enjoy it. (Not that he wouldn't enjoy it now....that little fart is a water bug).

Sunday PM. Watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I was screaming at the TV at the end of Grey's Anatomy, "Izzy, you stupid bitch!" Love that show.

Monday. I've already forgotten what I did. Oh, did a lot more taping in the kitchen. Hopefully I can get the first coat finished by the end of the week. Did all the laundy, cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, and dining/living room. Did dishes. Planted a few flowers. Took care of garbage and pop cans. Just a bunch a crap.

Monday pm. Watched the Grey's Anatomy season finale pt. 2. I can't stand Meredith for what she is doing to that really sweet Phinn. (or Finn). Gah. I freakin' love that show. I got teary when they put the damn dog down, yet I didn't cry when Denny died. Ridiculous.

Tuesday. Went to DBQ to Lowe's to get some vinyl floor tile samples. I'm going cheap with my kitchen/entry floor. I'm using peel-n-stick. Even using the most expensive, heavy duty tiles, It will still only cost 1/3 of what I was quoted for vinyl flooring and installation. I'm pretty sure I know what I"m going to use, but now I have go to Lowe's and have them order more, 'cause I'm going to need like 23 boxes, and they only had 17 in stock. This is going to suck. I can already tell. But I'm cheap, and a thousand dollars saved is a thousand dollars I can use to buy bar stools, window coverings, a new bed, you name it.

Tuesday PM. Went to Wal-Mart with mom so she could get a few things, and then she took me and the boys to Pizza Ranch, where 'kids eat free on Tuesdays'. Bonus. We came home, and Gary watched his new Thomas the Train video twice.

That's it. I can't wait for this weekend, though. My parents are taking Gary at 7:30 in the morning and taking him to a truck show, and to look at trains, etc, and they are going to keep him overnight. Wahoo! I have a sitter for Brendan, and Jerry and myself are going on a date. I really really really don't remember the last time the two of us went out together alone. I hope we have something to say to each other that doesn't involve shitty diapers, butt rash, or my newest garage sale finds.

I'll try to post of pic of Gary when he was only a week old. Like I said, I don't have a camera (I borrowed mom's and I haven't played with it yet and taken any pictures), so I'm digging through my archives and posting from there. Gary was a much smaller baby than Brendan. In this pic he was probably barely 6 1/2 lbs. Have fun. I'll try to post again before the weekend.

No comments: