Thursday, May 25, 2006

Time flies

Yeah, I think it's been awhile (like a week) since I've posted last. Guess it's about time to inform you all as to what's been going on around here.

Saturday my parents took Gary in the morning and kept him all day and then overnight. They took him to the fish hatchery in Manchester, and then they went to Dubuque and watched boats, trains, and they took him on the cable car. I haven't done that since I was in 5th grade! Jerry and I got a babysitter for Brendan Sat night, and we went on a date. We hit Toy r Us and played around, got a couple of toys for the boys. Still trying to figure out what kind of swingset to buy for them. Were going to eat at Texas Roadhouse, but it was a 50 min. wait. yeah, right. So we went to Applebee's and were immediately seated. Not my first venue choice, but it works. Then we caught RV at Wynnsong, starring Robin Williams. Pretty cute. Pretty predictable, but a good family movie. Too bad there wasn't much else out. Absolutely cannot wait until the movie CARS come out. Gary can't wait, either. That will be Gary's first movie. I think he is going to have a ball. Then later in June I think that movie with Adam Sandler (Click??) will be pretty funny. Will have to get a sitter and check that one out.

Sunday, we went and took Gary to the circus here in town. I was pretty disappointed. It was pretty low budget, as expected, but I dunno. It was good for kids, though, so it's cool they came. The turnout was ridiculous, though, and I'm embarassed for the performers and almost feel bad for them. All the people under the tent could have fit into one of the five sections of bleachers. Gary was a little bored, kept asking if we could go home. He did enjoy the motorcycles in the giant sphere.

Not much going on this week. Last night Seth and Michelle came over and we got to see their wedding album (so cool!), and played a pretty good game of Monopoly. Of course, I say that because I won, hee hee! Got to be at 1, and I was still up before my boys at 7:30, and I even felt very rested. I'm dragging a bit now, and I think I'm going to take a quick snooze after I get this posted (boys are napping now)

I so totally cannot wait for tomorrow and saturday. Around 2 tomorrow Jerry and I are leaving and going to IC to pick up Chelsea and Joe. Then we're going to drive to DSM and meet Amy and Dan, and Emily and Jim. I can't believe we all could get together! It was cool, 'cause Chelsea just casually mentioned to me a few weeks ago that since she missed our fun at VEISHEA she was going to go and spend a little time with Amy on the weekend of the 26th, and said if I was available that I was welcome to join her. Well, I was already going to be in DSM on friday, 'cause Desi graduates on saturday! (yea Desi, she's going to have her Doctorate in Physical Therapy! You go girl!) So Amy talked to Emily, and all of us (and our husbands) are going to get together friday night for a grill out and drinks and lots of social time! I'm so excited! I always have so much fun with my girls! I dunno, maybe the boys will geek out and watch Sci-Fi Friday while us girlies chat. We'll see....... So Saturday I will go to Desi's graduation and then to lunch afterwards, and then we'll go back and pick up Chels and Joe and take them back to their car in IC. Should be a good time! And I'm so proud of my baby sister!!!!

Well, like I said before, I'm dragging, so I think I'm gonna take a brief nap! Will write more later!

No comments: