Monday, July 17, 2006

Da Plane, Da Plane!!



Yesterday was the fly-in (or drive-in) breakfast at the airport. It was insanely hot, and there were an insane amount of people there. The wait wasn't too terrible, though, as it was all in the shade (it was about 9:30 in the morning, already almost 90 degrees, and ridiculously humid). We didn't have Brendan with us, so that made it a thousand time better. We waited in line for our two pancakes, scoop of scrambled eggs, slice of ham, cup of applesauce, and glass of orange juice. It really was good, and Gary actually ate more than me. My pancakes and eggs and juice were only like 10 or 12 points, so it fit into my WW schedule well. After eating, we paid for and waited nearly an hour for a 10 minute airplane ride. Totally worth it, though, as Gary had a riot!!! Jerry asked the pilot to fly over the Camp Courageous area, which is near his parents farm, so we got to circle over the farm and river area a few times. It was really pretty. When it was all said and done, however, Gary was disappointed that we didn't go "Upside down". Too funny.

The rest of the day was just as it should have been. It was miserably hot and humid, so Jerry and the boys took considerable naps, and I napped for about an hour. I didn't do much of anything else, and that's perfectly fine. Everyone deserves days like that every now and again.

Last night was a real damper on my WW, though. I used up all my points by 7 or 8pm, and around 10 my stomach was just growling beyond tolerance, so I ripped into a bag of animal crackers and ate a few good handfuls of them. Oh well, I guess that happens every now and then, huh? As long as I don't throw in the towel because of it, it's all good.

1 comment:

Lis said...

Gotta treat yourself now and then... life is too damn short!
I've been horrible on vacation... not exceeding my points but just not eating too healthy... and dont even want to weigh in when we get back :(