Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mid-Week Winter Blahs

It's always a downer coming off of the holidays, esp. when you stay at home. Not complaining, not really too depressed, just commenting.

Just a quick update, as I have to pick Gary up from preschool here soon.

I have been good the past four days sticking to eating well. I won't discuss any weight loss now, I don't want to jinx anything, so I will update at the end of the month if there is anything to share. The first two days were easy, and now I'm feeling hungry. I keep myself loaded with water (upwards to 3L a day) and I pee every 1/2 hour. Whenever I get hungry, I try really hard to just grab the water. Haven't started swimming yet, just trying to get the house in order after the holidays.

I have spent the past three days working on pricing stuff for a garage sale. I plan to have a huge sale this spring. Kati, mom, anyone else want to join me? I'm hoping to rent a building (Eagles, Veterans Hall, **Community Building**<--most likely, Berndes, Sand Springs Comm. Center, something) and I'd like to get as many people as possible to share the cost, and that way we could make it huge and get tons of people there (and subsequently make lots of money). Also, anyone have an idea for hanging clothes?????

After this sale, I'm getting rid of all of the leftovers to Goodwill, and re-claiming the wood room off of Gary's room. I want everything out of there except the queen bed, and I'm turning it into a playroom for the boys. I'm sick and tired of every single toy they own scattered in my living room, so I'm hoping to move most of them upstairs. I'm so pumped about a giant sale. I hope a bunch of you decide to join me.

Boys are well. Brendan is getting just too cute with his babbling. He's saying so many more words now, and I just love to hear him. Last night he saw a Asian beetle crawling on the carpet. He looked up at me and said "A bug?". I said, "Yes, that's a bug". He got down on his hands and knees, a few inches away from it and yelled "Hi!", followed by "Go, bug, go!" Too funny.

Gary is as fiesty as always. He's getting sassy now, as well. I'm thinkin' he's learning it from school. Little shit. He's still my sweet cuddler, tho. This morning he wasn't ready to get up and ready for school, so after he went potty this morning, he crawled into my lap and snuggled down. I told him I want him to stay little forever, and he looked up and me a little sad and said "No, mommy, I want to grow up"..... sigh.........

Well, time to pick up my "baby" at school now.

Have a great day, and enjoy this weather before it turns!!

Mel

3 comments:

Lis said...

I would love to go in on the garage sale... but I don't really have anything yet... but I will keep that in mind :)
My little Blade started Pre School ALL day today... feeling a little lonely :( where does the time go?

Anonymous said...

Count me in on the garage sale, too. We've been saving our junk and putting it in a spare bedroom.

Anonymous said...

we don't have much either, but I'm in too!