Sunday, February 18, 2007

My first necklace


Michelle and I went to her mother-in-law's house on Saturday to have a small beading session. I have wanted to begin stringing beads and making beaded jewelry for YEARS, but I just never did it. Michelle e-mailed me one day and asked if I wanted to join her at her mother-in-law's and I jumped at the chance. It my first time away from the boys in over 2 weeks, (more than just my hour and a half on monday nights for choir practice) and I savored EVERY minute! I have been researching spacers, findings, clasps, crimping, etc. for months, so I felt like I knew what I was doing even though I had never done it before! It was pretty, easy, though.

This necklace is the first necklace I made. I love the colored stones, and I picked up more at Michael's so I could make a matching necklace.

Michelle, thank you so much for asking me to join you. Any time you get an itch to bead, call me up. Lis, you better come next time!!!

2 comments:

April said...

This is my favorite one. I've been wanting to learn how to bead too. Knitting is also my list of things to learn.

Lis said...

So sorry I missed the fun! I didn't hear from Michelle until Friday evening and already made plans for Sat... We cleared out our basement and I got a SHITLOAD of cleaning done and I needed to do it Sat. so they can keep moving on the basement:)