So, as I go back and read through posts, I realize that I rarely ever post about the good days I have. Most of my posts are negative, full of dread and woe-is-me. So while today's post may be short, I would like it to point out that I do have good days, too!
This week really has been pretty good. Nothing much has happened, but I think I've been busy enough that I really haven't had time to dwell on the negative. Yes, I am suffering through a sinus inection and lack of sleep (the nasal inhaler I use at night to open me up also keeps me awake), thanks to antibiotics and pseudoephedrine I am feeling a thousand times better (save for a little congestion). Gary has had a very busy week. Normal preschool on tuesday and thurs, and this week he also started some swimming lessons. This week is was monday, thursday, and today, and next week it'll be mon/wed/fri. It's only a 1/2 hour, but he loves it!! Wednesday night I was feeling my worst from the sinus infection, so instead of cooking, we took the boys to McDonald's in Dyersville so they could play in the playplace. Last night Michaela came and got Gary and took him to a "family fun night" at the High School. She asked me if she could take him, and I was tickled that she thought of us, out of all of the families she babysits for. So Brendan and I had a little time to ourselves. We went to Gingham Dog (a home decor/consignment store) and found Gary a cute rust colored jacket for $3.00 Then we walked over to Dollar General and I got Brendan a silver ball. It was small enough to wrap both arms around it. He was so cute walking down the sidewalk, clutching his ball.
I've made a few necklaces this week, some earrings, too. I would like to get some memory wire so I can make a few bracelets from it. I think a memory wire bracelet is a lot easier to put on than one with a clasp. I am having so much fun making jewelry, I really think it has helped me get through the crappy moods. I'm going to have a lot of jewelry to try to sell at the garage sale next month!
Saturday Jerry and I have a babysitter. We are going to go on a real date. We haven't been on a one-on-one date for months. We always meet up with people (and we do enjoy that too, guys...don't take that the wrong way!), but we REALLY need to do something exclusively as couple. I think we might check out a Starlighter's play, they are doing Hollywood Arms (?) written by Carol Burnett (and advertised in the paper as having adult content and language- whee!!) so it should be pretty good. I haven't seen a play there since one of my friends in high school was in one of them.
Sunday, me and Kati and our four kids are all going to drive to Altoona to visit my sister. It will probably be a short visit, as I imagine it will be pure chaos with 4 kids ages 4, 3, 2, and 1.
I can't wait, though. I really miss my sister and don't see nearly enough of her. Pick up the breakables, we're coming to invade your home, Desi and Matt!
Boys are driving me nuts....don't play well together when I'm not in the room to officiate! Have a great weekend- mine's shaping up to be a great one, just hope the weather cooperates!!
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
All of the kids were so well behaved, and we only needed about 5-10 minutes to clean-up after you left! Although, we may be finding Easter grass all over the house for weeks! We really enjoyed your visit. Hope the kids slept well on the way home!
Post a Comment