Wednesday, May 23, 2007

CHICAGO!

Went to Chicago this weekend with Jerry, and had a fabulous time away from the boys. We didn't do much, but that's ok. We went to the Sear's Tower first on Saturday and went up (I have never been up to the top before), then spent the afternoon walking around downtown. We then walked to Millenium Park and sat and watched the Marina and the lake across Lake Shore Drive. It was a beautiful day and so relaxing. That evening we drove to the downtown location of Dave and Buster's. It wasn't as great as I was thinking it would be, but that's ok. It was an experience! While checking the internet for the Dave and Buster's location, I pulled off an exit and parked in a lot of a convenience store. Once we were there for awhile I realized it was totally ghetto and run down. Some young kid came over and asked if we were waiting for anyone (a drug dealer???) and I just said we were checking our map, and then a scary old lady came over and they were trying to tell which way to go and the lady would say things like "blah blah blah, go down this road, you gotta dollar? then turn right and take this exit, you gotta dollar? I've been here all my life, it's been hard, then go over the bridge....." I was a little scared, but that's because I was completely out of my small town element. We left without incident. That night we found a hotel in Schaumburg, and in the morning we went back downtown to the Shedd Aquarium. I was there like 16 years ago, but I didn't remember much.
Anyway, here are a few pics. Sorry for the gap between posts.


This is Cloud Gate; a large, reflective sculpture in Millenium Park.


A view of the Sears Tower and other downtown buildings from the Millenium Park


We were sitting in Millenium Park enjoying the views of the lake just across Lake Shore Drive. It was really neat seeing all of sailboats, beach cruisers, tandem bikes, skaters, etc. It was a picture perfect, 80 degree day.


A view of the Hancock building and others from the Sears Building.

No comments: