Had a great weekend, I'll just touch upon the basics quickly.
Friday I met up with Kati, Olivia and Deacon and we went to McD's in Dyersville for some lunch and play time at the Playplace. After they had enough, we drove to Cascade and let them play at the playground there for awhile. Just as we were leaving, I happened to see a toad, so I grabbed it so the kids could get a peek at it. Olivia was happy just looking, Deacon didn't want anythign to do with it, but of course my two wanted to touch it, hold it, etc. After I put it down, Brendan started chasing after it and grabbed it and held it. It was so funny, this toad was lying on it's back in his hand like it was playing dead. Kati snapped a picture of both boys holding the "dead" toad, they were SO CUTE, thank Kati! Went home, boys had naps. Can't remember what I did Friday evening, but if I remember correctly, I was in bed pretty early. (At least by midnight, that is).
Saturday isn't terribly clear, either, but I remember that daddy had to work, so the boys and I hung around the house, played and I cleaned. While the boys were down for a nap, my parents stopped by so mom could buy a few necklaces for her trip to Kentucky for work. I showed them the DVD slide show from Gary's preschool class, and during that time we had a brief downpour that ended up bringing nearly an inch in 15 minutes. My parents left, daddy came home, and then we took the boys to Dubuque for a movie. It was Brendan's first! About the only thing in theaters right now that would be appropriate for kiddies was Shrek 3, so that was it! Both boys did REALLY good the first hour, and as can be expected from a 2 and 4 year old, they soon grew tired and restless. I had some snacks and drinks for them, but towards the end that didn't stop Brendan from walking up and down our row (thank goodness no one else was sitting in it!) After the movie, we picked up a few things at Hy-Vee, and then we went for a drive across the river so Gary could see the bridge. We ended up driving to Galena, and it was like 9:30 at night! Came home, to bed, etc....
Sunday. Can't remember. Oh, I cleaned the house, boys played, and we went to Ethan E's graduation around 4. It was a quick visit, as afterwards Michaela came over and Jerry and I went to the Miller's for a grill-out and fire. It was a great night with friends, and I drank way way too much. Hey, I hadn't had anything since St. Patricks day, so I think that that's ok, right?? Why is it I am such a revealing drunk? I tend to tell people my most personal details. Bad Mel. Gotta stop doing that......
Monday was a little slow going first thing in the morning, but mostly because I was just drop dead tired, not because I was hungover. Watched the 2 minute Monticello Memorial Day parade. It was 2 cop cars, some veterans, and the Monticello Marching band. That's it. And the marching band was LOUSY!!! There was no sense of order, no rows, and no one was in step. Rhythm was off, and it all sounded wickely out of tune. Mr. Davis was nowhere to be found. I just hope their concert band is better. I am so cynical. But while we weren't show quality, I still feel that our marching band was much better. But that's because I was in it! Haa haa haa!!! Actually, it's because April was a bitchin' majorette, right April??
Anyway...after the parade Mimi and Papa came to our house to enjoy some pizza. After they left I crashed out on the couch the rest of the afternoon and rotted in front of the TV for a couple of hours to recover. After the boys woke up, we loaded up my bike and the trailer and Gary's bike and went down to the park to test out the new trailer!! Gary rode his bike, Brendan was behind me in the trailer, and Jerry was blading, and we had a short, but nice ride around the fairgrounds and then Riverside Gardens. Gary was having a tough time following orders (stay on the side of the road, keep your eyes in front of you) so I think for this summer he may just stay in the trailer with Brendan until he can understand consequences.
After the ride, we had some ice cream, came home, gave the boys a bath, and went to bed.
Today is Tuesday, although it feels like Monday. I had an appointment in CR this morning, and was home shortly before noon. Took the boys to the Pizza Ranch for lunch, and then they went for a nap. I have been working on laundry, and I finally got the lawn mowed. Now I'm sweaty and stinky!!
Anyway, that's my weekend, as boring as it may sound to some, but I enjoyed how low-key it was... later!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Dude, it was all me with that damn Q-Tip hat on my head! NOT! It was Heidi Frostestad! I just wanted that job because I hated the HUGE bass drum!
Personally, I loved the white pleather boots. Sexy!
My kids had fun on Friday. We will defiantly have to do that again!
Post a Comment