Monday, July 23, 2007

Fair


The Great Jones County Fair isn't really something I run out and experience every year. We do make a point of going on the free "Sneak-a-peek" night, though. This year we had some dear friends whose son rode in the motocross, so we wanted to see some of that. Issac did a great job for his first year, way to go!! The boys got antsy part way through, so we decided to take them on a few rides. Initially we only got a bracelet for Gary, but once Brendan saw the rides, we had to get him one, too. He though it was just the bees knees. You can see in the photo just how much fun he was having! We didn't get to ride many rides, there were so many darn people!! Grabbed some fair food (damn, I love Dippin' Dots), and were home by 10. I never went back to the fair again. I can't justify spending $9 entrance just to spend more money on rides, food, etc. I don't like country music, I don't like car races, demo derby, beer tent, or any of that, so I just don't care to go. I'm hoping as the boys get older we can bribe them with Adventureland or Six Flags instead of going to the fair. This year (except for Wed) the fair had absolutely BEAUTIFUL weather, high 70's most of the time, and partly cloudy. Can't ask for more crowd-friendly weather than that!!!

1 comment:

Lis said...

How cute! Thanks for coming to watch Issac, meant a lot just knowing you were there :) for the nervous mom!