Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Aftermath


Where the limb fell from.



This was all we could see last night. In the dark it only looked like the soffit/flashing was hanging. This morning I went and looked and the corner of the porch was crushed.



This is merely cosmetic damage and not structural, but even so now we have bare wood exposed to the elements. Grr.



That's where the bulk of the damage was done. Tore the corner of our porch down.

PS. That window on the second story is my bedroom. Our bed sits to the left of the window. Damn thing came down about 10-12 feet from my head. Guess it could have been worse, huh?

If you didn't catch the story, scroll down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! Sorry about your damage, Mel. What a bummer. I always bitch about not having full grown trees at our house but I guess it does have it's advantages sometimes, huh?! teehee

Michaela said...

holy shit! look at that thing. glad u guys didn't get hurt.

Video Babe said...

We too do not have full grown trees at this house. We did at our old one and it reminds you how far back you have to keep them trimmed. I remember Ron climbing a tree with a saw in his hand. We had way too many trees at our old house. They were out of control. Glad to know everyone is ok. I also assume you have electricity - so count your blessings!

Kati said...

Holy crap! That really sucks. But it is true that it could have been worse and it got you to blog, my god it had been forever!!!! :)

Jacqueline said...

chris says talk 2 paul schmidt he should be able 2 fix it 4 u 4 not much