Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Frickin' ice!

A little more than a half an hour ago, ice cause a giant branch to fall on our front porch. Damage could have been much worse, hell- had the branch broken off at a different part of the tree, the damn thing could have hit our bedroom and killed me while I slept, so I guess it could have been much worse.

I'm just really peeved off right now. It's just not something else we need right now. It will need to get fixed ASAP, cause the branch ripped off the gutter and with it came flashing and other things that help protect the wood underneath from the elements. Thank goodness for insurance. Hopefully they will pay for tree cleanup, too. One thing the insurance doesn't cover is decks, patios, and stuff on them. So I'm just praying the ice doesn't cause the old, brittle locust tree out back to fall or drop branches onto our deck and hot tub. That would be a pricey fix if we had to take care of it out our pockets.

I'm tempted to wake up Gary and put him to sleep in our room, just in case the tree outside his room decides to take a dive.

I'll get some pictures in the daylight and post them tomorrow. Still riding this adrenaline rush, so it's going to be tough to get back to sleep now. Grr...

2 comments:

Lis said...

isn't this a great season? So sorry to hear about your damage!

Michaela said...

that sucks....so sorry about the damage. Winter sucks, doesn't it?