Monday, October 20, 2008

BEFORE!!


The day after my Tupperware party, I decided to clear out the office so I could clean the carpets.  Well, once everything was out of the room, I couldn't help but notice the yards and yards of ugly-ass wallpaper that came with our house nearly 8 years ago.  I have redone all the rooms that have needed it except this room (I started our bedroom, but I ruptured a disc in the middle of the project back in March, so that still needs a coat of paint, but that's easy) and I have been putting this room off because of all of the shit that needed to come out of the room before I could remove the wallpaper (two computer desks and accessories, a huge, full bookshelf, a full fish tank, etc.  Well, when I had everything out of the room, I made a quite impulsive decision that I was going to start tearing the wallpaper down.  Much to my (pleasant) surprise, the paper came off quite quickly and easily!  I glad it did, because after about a half of the first wall, my scoring tool broke, so I had to tear the paper down with only glue solvent and it wasn't scored!  I got the paper down, patched a few holes, sanded the walls and chose a nice raspberry color for the walls.  Two coats and a couple of days later, the room was finished.  The longest part of the project was waiting for my new blinds!  Project is done, and everything looks great!

Here are the before photos- I can't believe I lived with that garbage for nearly 8 years!!!!




No comments: