Sunday, March 12, 2006

Busy Busy!

I have been busy since my last post. This is the first time I've had to relax, rot in front of the computer, and breathe.

Thursday night I met with Chelsea and watched Final Destination 3. Wow. It's almost like they realize that the different death sequences in the film are lacking a certain "depth" so they try to bulk it up with gore. I have never seen a movie take gore to such a high level. Anyone seen it? Case in point, the tanning bed and drive-thru scenes. Gah! I'm not easily grossed out, and this didn't gross me out, either, but ohmigawd! I can just about imagine the crew while filming "There's too much white left on this wall! Spray more brain on it!" I did enjoy the movie, though. Not as good as #2, but still entertaining. After our movie, we went and ordered appetizers at Bennigans and sat and chatted for over an hour and a half. It was so nice to just sit and talk! I love spending time with 'my girls', and wish I could spend more time all of them.

I got home Thursday night and Jerry was anxious to show me his new phone/palm pilot combo. He called my phone, but it didn't ring. He asked where it was, and I said my purse. I went to dig it out and had one of those "oh shit" moments. I had my phone out at Bennigans to delete some entries in my phone book and I left the damn thing on the table. I called, and they put it in the managers office and I told them I'd be in Friday to pick it up.

Friday. I swam my mile, got some groceries, and then Jerry came home and we took a family trip to Cedar Rapids. I got my phone back (fresh with 5 missed calls and 2 messages!), we went to Sprint so Jerry could pick up some accessories for his new phone, went to the Beeper People so Jerry could exchange pagers, and then to McDonald's so I could have my first Shamrock Shake of the year! (Thank you Matt for the e-mail reminder!). It was really nice just being out with all four of us. Usually I just take the boys myself and go places while Jerry is at work, so it was nice having him there. We hit Wal-Mart on the way home (gawd I hate that place, but that's a whole different post) for some gas.

Saturday. We gathered at Ox Yoke Inn in the Amanas for Grandma Anderson's 80th b-day. It was Jerry, myself and the boys, Desi and Matt, Mom and Dad, Grandma, Randy, Suzie, Alaina, Scott, and Betsy. It's cool to get together with this side of the family, we don't get togther very often (not like I visit often with my other side, either), and I don't have a lot of cousins, so it's nice to see them once in awhile! On the way home, we (me, Jerry, Brendan, Desi and Matt) stopped at Target (my Mecca), and then at Cold Stone Creamery. I totally love the Oatmeal Cookie ice cream with graham cracker and caramel. Yummy!!!!! Went home, changed clothes, and met at Mom and Dad's for supper. While there, Brendan started whipping around a piece of Matchbox car track and hit Gary in the eye. Immediately a red blood spot appeared in the white of his eye. We watched it for awhile, and after an hour decided we should take him to the Anamosa ER to have it looked at just in case he had a corneal abrasion. The doctor though he had a tiny scratch, but nothing too terribly concerning, so he sent us home! I feel bad wasting everyone's time, but when it comes to vision, I don't want to play the "wait and see" game.

So now it's Sunday, Gary and Brendan are watching Blue's Clue's, correction, Gary is watching Blue's Clue's and Brendan is standing at the gate yelling at me. I'm looking at a heap of laundry and a pile of dishes and a messy messy house and dreading doing any of it. Maybe I'll just veg for most of the day, hit some open houses in the area, and then take a nap. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea!

No comments: