Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Update

Yikes! It's been awhile since I posted! I'm tired and lazy, so I'll just touch on the highlights before I head to bed.

Thursday night: Took the fam to Chuck E Cheese and met up with Chelsea and her husband and almost 2 yr old daughter. Their daughter, Lexie is so darn petite (and adorable!) that my moose of a son who isn't even one yet is the same size as her, and even has a couple of pounds on her!!! Yikes. I'm gonna have a some bigs kids.

Friday: Gary had his last swim lesson at Camp Courageous. To pass, he had to walk across the pool, do five bobs (to his chin, he didn't have to submerse his head), and then climb out of the pool and walk around the pool back to the other side. At the end, for fun, the instructor threw bottles of juice in pool and the kids had to dunk their heads to get them off of the bottom of the pool. The water is very shallow where they were, and Gary scrunched down as low as he could, and was able to grab the bottle with just his mouth, nose, and eyes out of the water. Silly kids! It was cute. He got a certificate, and everything!

Friday night: Went with and spent an evening with my girls. We ate at Ghengis Grill (and for a girl that doesn't like veggies, it's a really good place!) I had the BEST MARGARITA IN THE WORLD!!!!!!! It had Blue Curacao in it....yummy!!!! I kept getting nasty brain and chest freezes. Sucked. We had dessert at Cold Stone Creamery (I believe I've commented on how much I love that place before) and then went back to Chelsea's house and hung out, watched My Name is Earl on TiVO, and played some pool. We're all getting old, though, and we were all just about dead by 11. It's so nice hanging out with my girls!

Saturday: Went nuts around the house, cleaning, laundry, dishes, caring for, feeding and dressing kids, baking, etc.

Saturday night: Had a pool party at Camp Courageous pool(s). We had a good turnout, and the boys (especially Brendan) loved the water! That kids is a water bug. He was throwing his head into the water so he could drink it (ewww), and was splashing and squealing like mad. He LOVES the water. We'll have to work on Gary to get him to that point. Afterwards we had a little snack fest. Thank you, everyone, for coming! It was a lot of fun! After the party, Desi and Matt came up to our house and we just hung out for awhile. Gary climbed on Desi and promptly farted. Aren't my kids just the greatest?? Haa haa.... We played some Skip Bo, and then they left and I went to bed. Long day!!

Sunday: FINALLY got a chance to sit down and chat with my Uncle Dennis who was visiting from Texas. He had been here since Wednesday, but I was so darn busy that I didn't have a chance to talk with him! We had lunch at mom's house, and the boys were wired, as usual. Was a BEAUTIFUL day, so Desi and I took Gary over to Carpenter to play for a little bit. He had fun rolling down the hill. At first, we told him to roll down the hill, so he scrunched up like he was going to do summersaults down the hill!!! Yikes! We had to show him how to do it correctly, and he loved it.

Sunday night: Watched Sopranos, and then once I realized Grey's Anatomy was a repeat (grrr) I watched Desperate Housewives that I taped while we watched Sopranos. Then I went to bed.

Monday: Took boys to playgroup in CR. It was nice to go, we hadn't been there for a LONG time. We made a cute craft called "secret messages" where he put a rolled up sheet of paper with a "secret message" on it (he scribbled on it with a crayon) and put it in a piece of manicotti. The a piece of ribbon was threaded through it and Gary could wear it as a necklace! Then I made my ritualistic trip to Target for a few things, and then we headed home.

Monday night: Jerry made a presentation to the Monticello School Board to present to them why they should chose Netconnect to provide wireless and network the schools, and they must've like him, 'cause they chose him over Mediacom! Yeah! 'Cept now he has to work closely with someone that is VERY hard to get along with....Could be a challenging year for him! Good luck honey!! I honestly can't remember what I did last night.

Tuesday: Had a filling first thing in the morning. Wasn't too bad. It was a small one, and I hadn't had one for like 17 years or so, so it was something I could tolerate, although I think I would much rather give birth............ I have a new dentist now, and I must say I didn't feel the drilling AT ALL this time; I remember when I was a kid it would hurt ferociously.

Tuesday night: Aunt Sarah took Gary to the Playstation to a birthday part of a little boy whose father is Sarah's friend. She said Gary was angelic (??) and she only told him to use his indoor voice a couple of times. I bet he had a ball, he loves playing hard. While Gary was gone, I ran to the NEW Wal-Mart in Anamosa (ooohh) to grab things for the boys for Easter. So much easier to shop with only one boy. After shopping, I grabbed a pizza at Caseys, and when Jerry left for his P&Z meeting, I took Brendan to my parents for a visit. All I can say it, Brendan is definitely becoming an independent toddler. He is beginning to throw some nasty temper tantrums- he's been doing this in the past month or so. It's such new territory for me, Gary never really threw temper tantrums. I was very lucky with him, he was such a quiet, calm baby. Apparently Brendan is exactly like I was as a child. Sorry, mom........

Now it's 10:35 pm, and Gary is still up, playing computer games with daddy. I'm finishing this post, and me and my 1st born are going to bed. Have a good Wednesday!

1 comment:

Lis said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BRENDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!