Took Gary to swim lessons again today. He is going such a good job! Today the instructor had them take these dumbbell-looking floatation aides and place them under their arms. It works on the same principle as water wings. Well, some of the kids were guided out to the deeper end of the small pool, where they couldn't touch, and Gary was one of them. I totally missed this, but apparently he just let go of the dumbbells and dropped to the bottom. The instructor told me later that he had a confused look on his face, but he was totally ok with it! What a silly kid. One night while the three of us were in the hot tub (me, Jerry and Gary), Gary just broke out singing one of the songs he learned in lessons! I just love watching him grow, and interact with people (esp kids) other than myself. It's just so rewarding.
I swam my mile at noon today, and it was very hard because a bunch of kids from Anamosa (about 50) came over at about 12:30. Talk about a full pool! I still managed to get my mile in, as well as 6 or 8 laps with a kickboard to work my legs. After swimming today, I took the boys with me and took the Suburban through the carwash. Gary, of course, loves the carwash, but today was the first time the Brendan absolutely HATED it. Everytime the wash nozzles made a pass over his window, he just screamed. I felt kinda bad, but I couldn't help but giggle! Gary was exactly the same was at pretty much the exact same age. Competely terrified of the carwash. Once, I remember, I took Gary through the wash when he was asleep. I thought it was perfect 'cause he was sleeping and the carwash wouldn't scare him. But it was so loud, that not only did it wake him up, it scared him even worse than normal because it DID wake him up and he was so confused.........ahh, memories.
Well, Brendan will be up soon, so I will end with this! Enjoy the nice weather!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Ah ha... you were at the pool today... I got there late... when the shit pile of kids came... WOW... I was in for 20 min and thought this is CRAZY and got out, sorry I didn't see you :(
Post a Comment