Sunday, June 18, 2006

So far, so good

Well, I've been on Weight Watchers for 3 days now. Two of those days were the weekend. I am so proud of myself, as today was the only day I used all of my points. The first day, I had like 2 points left over when I went to bed, last night I had 8pts. I know 8 is quite a few to have left over, but I won't make a regular habit of it. I was doing really good today and had 4 pts left over, but the Froot Loops called a little louder than my self-restraint. That's ok, 'cause I measured the cereal, and I measure the milk, and now I am at 0 pts left for the day. I haven't used my flex points, and I don't intend to this first week. This next weekend, however, I may just use all of my flex points in 2 days, but that's why they're there, right??? Once I lose 10% of my weight, I will treat myself to a dish of cold stone creamery ice cream and use up one week of flex points. Again, that's why they're there! Hee hee! I haven't weight myself (usually I am weird that way when I try to diet. I usually weigh myself several times a day) and don't intend to look at the numbers on a scale until Thursday night. Wow, that seems a long way away.

Took Gary to Cars this afternoon. He was soo good! He really liked the movie, and was so excited when he recognized the different cars and their names because of the Kelloggs cereal boxes. It was such a cute movie. I'm so happy we finally got to take Gary to a movie, and I know he'll remember it and talk about it for a long time. I think my absolute favorite part of the movie was the "Tractor Tippin'"

Saturday I hit a bunch of garage sales. Got a pencil sharpener, a costume for Brendan, a cake pan, some sleepers for Brendan for the fall, some books for Gary, and a few shirts for myself. Man, I really love garage sales. They rock. I think like 70% of my kids wardrobes are garage sale finds, something like 20% of their clothes were gifted, and 10% I have purchased new. I'm taking advantage of the sales now, 'cause I know as they get older they won't be caught dead in someone else's used clothes. Now, I don't care. I used to, but I suppose it's cause I'm getting older. I hate to shop in stores, so to find a shirt for $2.oo for myself at a garage sale makes me happy. Partly, too, 'cause I'm poor and can't afford to buy new American Eagle tops at $45.00 a piece on a regular basis. Not that I would shop there even if I were affluent. I still love Target, and as much as I hate to admit it, I really do love the affordability of Old Navy. And eBay. Heh. But I babble!

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Now I'm anticipating a nasty humid week full of mowing and catching up on housework. My house looks like SHIT, and the dishes are piling up like the scruddy kind of people I make fun of. Prolly wake up with cockroaches in my house. Or ants. Or both. I'll shut up now.

1 comment:

Lis said...

Hope you w. w. is going well, keep up the good work!
We can DO this!!