


Today, Tuesday the 28th, is Gary's 4th Birthday. My Thanksgiving baby is 4. Four years ago today, on Thanksgiving, my water broke while I was at work- nearly 5 weeks early (he wasn't due until after Christmas). At 9:15 pm, a 7 lbs, 4 oz, 20 in baby boy came into the world. Yes, he was big for being so early. He stayed in the hospital for a week because he was jaundiced, couldn't maintain his own body temp, and wouldn't eat. He had a feeding tube, and spent days under the bili lights. During this time he also had his tongue clipped (attached frenulum). When he came home a week later, his weight had dropped to 6lbs. Today, Gary is 43+ inches tall, and weighs 41 lbs. He is the tallest in his preschool class. You would have never known he was a preterm baby.
Happy 4th Birthday, Gary. You are so very, very loved.




3 comments:
Happy Birthday. I can still remember when you told me you were pregnant. Love the cake.
yes, I made the cake. Not my best attempt, but Gary didn't know any different!
Wow, great cake - did you make the train free-hand? I can't even draw a straight line, much less draw a train on a cake. Our three-month old daughter Emma also had to have her tongue clipped, and when they did it several weeks ago, I cried more than her. The doctors said it would barely even hurt her, but I just felt so sorry for her with all the screaming. I was holding her while they did it and desperately needed to blow my nose because of crying, but since my hands weren't free the nurse had to wipe my nose for me, and it was really hot in the doctor's office so I was all sweaty so she just basically wiped my whole face along with my nose with the same big clump of paper towels ... I sure was glad to be out of there, for both of our sakes! If you did not witness Gary's tongue being clipped - be glad!!
Jane (formerly Kucharik)
Post a Comment