Pretty busy weekend, go go go...
Friday we went to Zoey's for some Chicago-style deep dish (thanks, History Channel, for the idea), did some shopping for x-mas, and then we saw Borat! Holy shit! This movie is inappropriate, offensive, and quite possibly the funniest movie I have ever seen (Super Troopers would have to be a close second). Unbelievable. Jerry actually gave himself a headache from laughing.
Saturday we got a sitter and went and did yet more shopping, and had a cheap dinner at Fazoli's. Not as good as I remember.
Sunday we went out and got a Cedar ditch tree for a Christmas tree. It's ugly, smells bad, but it's nice to do something different. That, and my old artificial tree is crappy, shedding, and is tiny 'cause I originally bought it when we lived in the apartment, and I am too cheap to go and buy a new one. Next year, I think we'll just hit a tree farm for a tree with a nicer shape and less offensive smell. I'll post a picture of it later. I want to put some presents under it to help it look a little better. Sunday night we went to watch Mimi (Jerry's mom) play piano for the women's choir concert. She (and the choir) did and awesome job! I've been thinking about joining so I'll have something to get out of the house for. I'm not the best singer, but I like to do it (I am, however, quite possibly the best car and shower singer you'll ever hear!! Haa!). I've been saying that I'd like to join for a couple of years now. I've also been wanting to do a low brass Christmas choir for the past couple of years, but I always forget about it until it's too late to call. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Went to Wal-Mart today (wahoo) to get some groceries. It has been more than a week and a half since I got anything more than milk, and we were pretty low. Spent $125. Ouch.
Also took my ring to the jewlers again 'cause I lost yet ANOTHER prong. Cripes, I really should just have it appraised and added to my homeowners insurance before I lose the diamond.
Well, I guess I didn't do a whole lot the past few days, but it sure felt like I was constantly on the go!
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
"If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you!"
Mel, I drove by your house the other night, and the lights look awesome. Olivia and Deacon were all excited to see the "byes" (Deacon's word for lights, why we aren't sure but he likes it!)
Hope your ring is fixed! I am on my 3rd diamond. I caught my hand on the car door. Lost diamond. Got a new one. Looked down one day, and it was gone. Crap. I am on the 3rd one now. Argh....
Post a Comment