Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Long overdue (when doesn't this happen?)

Ahhh... This is my third attempt at posting. My first attempt my photos were in reverse order, and me being as anal as I am, that would never do. How can I tell a story when my photos are not in chronological order? So I tried again, and something else happened- don't even remember what that was anymore.

So. Holy crap, is this weather awesome, or what? I've been on a few walks, today while Gary was in preschool Brendan and I were out for an hour! It was fabulous. I really accomplished a lot today, too. I cleaned my kitchen again, caught up with the dishes, finally put laundry away, washed all of our bedding, cleaned and vacuumed Gary's room, Brendan's room, and my room, cleaned the downstairs bathroom, and cleaned, dusted, and vacuumed the office. My side of the office, anyway. Brendan's (2nd!!) birthday party is Saturday, so I'm in clean mode. I still want to REALLY clean the living room, but since this also doubles as our toy room, I'm not going to touch it until thursday, maybe even friday. I would also like to clean the upstairs bathroom, and start on the chore of cleaning all of my windows. I usually only get to all of the windows twice a year, spring and fall. I'll probably wait until after his party to start that chore, though. I only have 11? windows to clean, and they are easy ones that fold in so you don't have to clean them from the outside. I already tackled the 8 windows that I have to go outside to clean a couple of weeks ago. It felt good.

Ok, ok..I know, no one wants to hear of cleaning.

Hrm....lets back up a bit. LAST weekend, Jerry and I had an actual date on Saturday. We had a gourmet meal at McOtto's followed by a dose of culture (?) at a Starlighters production. We saw Hollywood Arms, and it really was pretty good. It had fart jokes, and fart jokes are always funny in my book. After the play Jerry and I went to the Bent Rim in Cascade to join some friends for some St. Patrick's Day celebrations. There was karoke, and after too many drinks I joined friends for "You're So Vain" (I bowed out of "Pussy Control" because I wasn't familiar enough), and the one song that goes "Little Willie Willie won't, go home". It really was fun. We were out until almost 2. I hadn't been out that late since New Year's, and I really don't know when before then.

Sunday morning came much to quickly, and my intestines were pissed at me....they kept growling all morning. I had a bottle of water, some Tylenol and a couple of donuts and all was good. Kati, Olivia and Deacon came over to my house after Sunday School and picked up Brendan, Gary and myself and we all journeyed to Altoona to visit Desi. We were only there for about 4-5 hours, but I am just glad I got to see Desi and Matt again. I miss them both, I wished I lived closer, or maybe they will just have to move back here someday!!! All four kids were awesome. We didn't have any meltdowns or tantrums, and no one had any naps!





This is a picture of Brendan at Desi and Matt's enjoying a piece of Amish Friendship Bread. (He's holding cars in the other hand) Mine turned out pretty good, BTW, Desi. I froze the rest of what I made and plan to break it out for Brendan's party.




Desi let Gary have free reign of her camera, and he had a hey day. Who knows how many dozens of pictures he snapped. Quite a few of them actually turned out well!



Brendan was the first to crash on our way home. He only lasted 2 minutes, I think he was out before we hit I-80. Olivia was next (yes, she really is asleep in this pic), then Deacon. Gary held on for quite awhile. He was really enjoying the in-flight selection, Aladdin. But finally he, too, succumbed to fatigue. This picture is just priceless. It was certainly a quiet ride home!



This is just a fun picture I took of Brendan. He has a temper like no other. This is his "No" pout. I don't know what he was pissed about, but boy can that kid frown.

Ya know, I really don't remember what I did last week. There was preschool, some cleaning, some TV viewing, I don't know what else. I'm too lazy to peek at my calendar.

This past weekend was just a nice time enjoying the weather. Jerry chipped up my lilac debris, and cleaned up the lean-to, even restacking the firewood. He was on top of it all. I was so pleased.

Sunday I went to church. That doesn't happen all that often. I was hit up to join the choir. The church choir director is also a member of the women's choir, so she was trying to get me to join. Don't think I will. Afterwards was an appreciation luncheon, a baked potato bar, so of course I couldn't say no! After church, Jerry, the boys and I took a walk. Later, while the boys were napping, I did a lot of packing away of winter things. I washed all of the winter coats, hats, mittens, etc. and put them away. There better not be any more snow, dammit. I also went through and pulled out summer clothes for Brendan and just did more of my general packing up of clothes that don't fit the boys anymore. The is a never-ending task. Blegh. Gathered up garbage and ran that to the curb. Just a lot of catching up.

Yesterday we were all up and ready early, and we made a trip to CR so I could get a few supplies for the weekend. I went to Michaels so I could get some piping gel for Brendan's cake, and while I was in the check-out, I noticed that I had left my wallet at home. My checkbook, credit cards, ATM card, and ID are all in it. Fudge. I had just enough cash to cover what I got at Michaels, but that was it. I didn't even have a way to get cash. I fumed all the way out to the Suburban and sat in there and thought. I remembered that Dupaco had a branch in CR, so I checked my phone book in the car. Too old, didn't have a listing for Dupaco. Shit. Called information, they told me of a Williams Blvd location, so I drove there. Damn thing wasn't open yet. As in it was still under construction. I called Jerry, peeved to no end (I wasn't about to make a trip to CR and only come home with a tub of piping gel and some fake flowers) and the wonderful man looked up Dupaco for me and told me they were on Wilson Ave. Thank you, Jerry. I went there, told the teller my story of woe (she was an MHS '99 grad...she was in my sister's class!), and since I knew my bank acct number and password, I could withdraw cash. Hallelujiah. Went to Target, got what I needed. Experienced my first "two child" tantrum. It was an all-out screamfest. Blegh. At the food court check out (for an instant lunch- I think they were melting down 'cause they were hungry) she asked what she could get me...I said a Valium. She thought that was funny. On the way home the kids were acting a little better, so I risked a trip to Aldi's. They were both very good, and were amused the entire visit by the squeaky wheels on the cart. Dorks. Damn, Aldi's is so cheap. I need to shop there more often.

That brings us to today. You already read about my day today. Now it's almost 11, and Gary is still awake. Oops. Time to get him to bed!!! At least he doesn't have to be up for preschool tomorrow.

There's my update. I think I developed carpal tunnel syndrome just from typing up that post. I'm done. I really hope we get a good thunderstorm this week; there are chances for storms all week!!!

Get out and enjoy this rockin' weather before it gets blistering hot!

PS. Forgive my typos. I rarely proofread before I publish. Oh well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother mentioned that she was singing with you in Francie's women's choir, so I wanted to say hello (and help you solve the mystery of why someone in Gainesville, FL, was looking at your blog). I wish that I could participate in something like that here, but all I can find are church choirs (not so much my style) and an audition-only group (not so much my ability level). I'm impressed by your ability to wrangle two babies and a house because a cat and an apartment sometimes wear me out.

Rorick Family said...

I seriously would advise you to start writing a book. Have you read "The Girlfriend's Guide" books? You are hilarious and I would not only buy your books, but would help you promote it! Let me know what you think!

Mel said...

Em- the people in the line behind me at Aldi's smelled so badly that I swear I could smell it on my food when I got home. Not literally, of course, but it was bad..... If someday I'm ever lucky enough to have a pantry, I'm SO stocking it at Aldi's.

Angela- holy cow! How awesome to hear from you! I was telling your mom that we wrote back and forth a bit your first year of college, but as life happens, we just lost touch.
You must be keeping track of someone else's blog to have found mine...I'm so glad you commented!

Andi- ah...I would love the fame and fortune that would most certainly come my way from authoring a "life guide" book, but alas...proofreading is a pain in the ass. Didn't you read my PS at the end of my blog? ;) hee hee....

Anonymous said...

My blog addiction is probably why I never quite finish the dissertation. Let's see if I can reconstruct this. Jane Kucharik told me about her blog, where I saw that you had commented (we didn't go to high school with that many Mels). I then used my ninja-level Googling skills to find your old blog, which included a link to this new one, and here I am.

Anonymous said...

That pic of the kids is a hoot! I can't believe Olivia was sleeping like that!

Kati said...

That was a great sleeping picture of the kids. Who was the 99 grad that helped you at the bank? Curious which classmate of mine works there.