I'm thoroughly enjoying my 3rd sinus infection of the season. I haven't been formally diagnosed, but when you have as many as I do, you know what they are!
I'm going to the doctor today to get antibiotics, so I'll be ready to come see you on Sunday, Desi!!
Good lord...how many of these things a year do I have to endure before they roto-rooter my sinus cavities out??? My mom had chronic sinus infections for years, and about 7 years ago she had minor surgery where they, well...roto-rooter'ed her sinuses! I'm willing to go through that if it means less sinus infections in a year.
UPDATE: Yep, it's a sinus infection, now I'm on Ceftin. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll feel better. Also, I'm not the only miserable soul in the house...Brendan is cutting two of his four 2 year molars, and isn't very happy about it.
Totally loving this warm weather. Monday I was out cleaning the windows that I can't clean from the inside, and I had my kitchen spotless (notice the word HAD). Had choir practice again Monday night, and the warm weather brought in a full crowd. Francie put me in another small group, this time it's 12 people, 3 on each part. I also had to sing by myself for the first time. It's pathetic how nervous I was...and when I get nervous my throat tightens up (or it seems like it to me) and the sound coming out feels strained and unnatural. No one around me seemed to notice, in fact the lady next to me said "wow, very nice" so maybe it's all in my head.
Tuesday I took Gary to a free, Grant Wood hosted "child check". They run a series of tests with him and gauge his cognitive and motor development, his speech, hearing and vision. They didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. He's fine for his age (and she commented that he sure is a talker), and the only MINOR concern is something that's fairly normal for kids his age, and that's his current inability to pronounce "r", "l", "th", "sh", etc. She said if is still not pronouncing them in kindergarten to have him reevaluated. She said some kids don't get some of the harder sounds until they're 9 or later, so it's not even really a concern right now.
I'm not a child expert or an educator, but I knew he was just fine developmentally. Sometimes it's just nice to hear it from someone else.
I'll end for now. I can't wait to be able to breathe out of my nose again!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Hope you are all better by Sunday. I told Desi we would leave about 10, probably have to stop for lunch (my kids will want to eat around noon) so I figure we will get to her place about 1. I will pick you guys up after I get Olivia from Sunday school.
We learned in some of our child development courses in school that lots of normal kids have trouble with those letters. You are right to not be concerned at this point.
Post a Comment