This will have no rhyme or reason to it, the events I list will not be in any particular order. My brain is scattered, so today my blog will reflect that.
I changed birth control back in April, chose Mirena IUD. I love it. Loved it. Until I started having issues with my contacts. My first problem was a month ago. I (accidentally) went to bed with my contacts in. I woke up in the middle of the night and my eyes burned and watered, so I got up and took them out. The next morning, my eyes literally HURT, so I went with glasses that day. Fast forward to the day before my birthday. That same burning, sensitivity to light, and watering started again. I took the contacts out and wore glasses for next day and a half. Even with the contacts out, it took awhile for the symptoms to resolve. Fast forward to Saturday night. Felt the same symptoms coming home from a concert, so I took my contacts out and had to wear my glasses the next day. Even had to pass on going with Jerry to the Mississippi to run the jetski...I just couldn't be out in bright sunlight, it burned too much. I know it's not an infection, because it resolves after a day or so with glasses. I had to go to the eye doctor to update the lenses in my glasses because it's been 5 years since I've had the prescription changed. I DON'T want to have to change to glasses full time, I hate them. I LOVE contacts. I don't really want to get rid of the Mirena, either. It's pretty darn handy. For the meanwhile I think I will just go along with it, taking out the contacts as they start to bother me, and hope that this is a temporary problem. Gah. It's kinda makes me mad....
As for the concert....Saturday night we had a sitter, so we decided to go to the Dubuque county fair. The Bad Boys of Rock were playing at the fair, so we thought we might try to listen to them from the midway, or foodstands, or something, because the radio stations were telling us over and over again that tickets were sold out. We went, and there were bleachers on the sides that are free, so we just parked our asses and rocked out. It was a really good show, opened with the Exies, then Buck Cherry, Papa Roach, and finished with Hinder. We left after 4 songs of Hinder, they just really sucked. Plus we just wanted to be able to get out of the fairgrounds without being stuck in traffic. Buck Cherry and especially Papa Roach were excellent live shows, really got the crowd pumped. The lead singer from Papa Roach had his young son there, maybe 4-5, and had him come to the front of stage and scream at the audience "Are you ready to rock with Papa Roach", etc. It was too cute! Then during the set, you could see the little boy sitting off to the side playing air drums, and damn, was he accurate! At the end of their set, they let the little guy bang away on the drum set (sans amp)....he put a lot of garage drummers to shame!
Think I'll be going to another concert with a friend of mine on Friday, as well. Queens of the Stone Age will be in CR, and I would really like to go to that.
Sunday while Jerry and Gary were jetskiing on the Mississippi, Brendan and I went for a nice picnic with my parents at the park in Anamosa. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze, and we were in the shade, so it made for a very nice time. Brendan was so darn cute the entire day. A couple from our church came over and talked to dad for awhile, and his wife and mom and I were chatting. When they finally left, Brendan let out an "ohhh", like he didn't want them to leave. He's such a cutie.
So I love my Wii. I still only have the Wii Sports that came with it, but Jerry found and added Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario 2 for me, so that's been fun. (I want Mega Man 2, but they don't have it!!!) Love baseball and bowling, and I'm a pro at bowling. They even give you a spanky cool ball when you turn pro. Gary is awesome at bowling, too. He just bowled a 205 the other night. What an amazing little kid. I can't believe he's going to be FIVE in November. Last night he snuggled in bed with me for about a half an hour, and we just chatted. He's such a smart and insightful little boy. I adore him so much.....
Last night I took the boys to the pool, and Michaela came with us. Gary of course headed straight for the big slide. He loves the "big, owange and yeyyow twisty" slide. He's getting more and more daring in the water, as well. He's jumping off of the side where it's deeper now, and is getting his head under water much more frequently now.
Michaela will be leaving for vacation on the 4th and will be gone for 2 weeks. I'm kinda bummed. Love that girl, and it's just so handy having her around so we can have date nights. Yesterday she came over last minute so I could take care of my glasses, and return one of the Wii controllers that wasn't working. Then she stayed for another hour or so and ate cinnamon rolls and watched old videos of the boys with me. She is so sweet. She got me an iTunes gift card and Scrabble for my birthday. What a sweetheart. (ps. Jerry's doesn't care for board games...anyone want to play Scrabble with me??) Her birthday is 2 days after mine (she turned 13!), and I framed a picture of the boys for her and made her 3 bracelets and a pair of earrings. She just loved them!!
Shoot. Should probably end my ramblings. Brendan won't stay out of the potty. Eww......
Have a good one. Stay inside and keep cool. It's sucky hot outside.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Emily here...
I take the hormones in the Mirena are giving you the eye problems? Try switching to the Paraguard. It's the ten year one that I have. No hormones, I haven't had any eye problems.
I don't blame you for hating glasses. I despise them too. They're such a pain. It could be an allergy too that you've developed. Every year, at the last part of June, my eyes get itchy, watery, and blurry. They're blurrier with my contacts in, and they burn when I have my glasses on. (I can't win.) I don't know what I'm allergic to, but for about 2-3 weeks I need to tough through it.
Don't stay out too late on Friday night, gotta be up and ready to float on Saturday!
8 years on paraguard here and working fine!
Yeah, I'm kinda sad that I'm going on vacation too, believe it or not! I'm gonna miss you guys a lot, so I don't know how that's gonna work out.
♥Michaela
Post a Comment