Ok, so this is weird. Monday night I got like 3 hours of sleep thanks to a sick Brendan (not to mention that at 4 am he decided to wake up for good), so last night I wanted to get a nice long night of sleep. Well, I was headed there, when at 6:30 (I normally get up at 8:30) I wake up to Jerry getting out of bed. I just assumed he was making a bathroom run, so I rolled over to go back to sleep. When he opened the door, I hear crying. Not Brendan's "I'm awake come get me" cry, but hard sobbing and snorting. I asked Jerry, "Is that Brendan or Gary" He said it was Gary. Weird. Gary is the best sleeper in the entire world, so I totally didn't expect that. Every night he sleeps from 10 till 8 or longer, the last time I can actually recall him waking in the night and coming to find us was last summer during thunderstorms. Well, anyway, I got out of bed to find Gary downstairs on the floor, his face buried in the couch, hysterical. I told him to come upstairs, and he came up and I put him back in his bed. He was sobbing so hard I couldn't understand anything he was trying to tell me, so I told him to take a few long breaths. Then I asked again what was wrong, and he said "I have a fever. I need medicine". Yeah. Brendan has had a high fever the past few days, so I've been giving him a nice cocktail a few time a day alternating tylenol and ibuprofen. Well, Gary has felt left out of this "attention" and on a daily basis tells me that he needs medicine. Apparently he woke up early, tried to find me to get his "medicine", couldn't find me downstairs (where I normally am when he wakes in the morning), couldn't find me, and started crying uncontrollably. Poor kid didn't even think to try our bedroom. I put him back into bed, and then went back to my own bed. Of course by this time I'm already awake, so I went down to the couch instead to try to catch another hour of sleep. 15 minutes later, I hear Gary in his room...."Mommy??" Grrr........Been awake since 6:30 and I don't like it. It's 8am (first day of school, I just heard the school buses go by) and I still can't wake up. I am darn tired, I think I might just take a nap today.
I really should be getting used to waking up this early. Gary starts pre-school next week and that starts at 8. But today wasn't by my choice, and I wasn't prepared to wake up that early! Blegh. I'll stop bitching now :)
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Great, I thought this waking up at crazy times was supposed to be over by that point! Nora still wakes up randomly in the middle of the night. Nothing consistant, just enough to piss me off. It especially sucks because she won't go to Brian in the middle of the night. GURRRRR
Post a Comment