Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hot enough for ya?



Exactly, hot enough for ya? We're on a cooling trend, today is only 93, with a heat index of like 103. Nasty. My 3 day mostly inside, so I can't complain too much.

Let's see.....

Saturday I had a FABULOUS evening with the Millers, Hartbeckes and Tigges'. We met at Houlihans in Dbq and I blew my WW out of the water. I started out with a FABULOUS chocolate martini that was garnished with a DING DONG of all things. Yeah, I ate most of the Ding Dong, too. Had fettucini alfredo with chicken, and followed dinner with a cranberry vodka. Dessert found us at Cold Stone Creamery for some yummy ice cream. I had a Like it, at least. I had to guestimate most of the points for the evening, but I still didn't go over the Flex Point allowance with that meal, so I'm ok. Might not lose much this week, hopefully another 0.8lbs to get my 10%, though! I'll be kinda pissed if I can't even do that.

Sunday I woke up sicker than a dog (I'm guessing my body was rebelling from all of the yummy, greasy food), I was beginning to think I had a touch of food poisoning when it finally subsided 3 hours after I woke up. That sucked, trying to feed and get two kids ready as well as try to parent them when I can't leave the bathroom for more than 15 minutes at a time. And the fact that Brendan was like a little rooster that wanted to wake up at 6:30 after I got to bed at 12:30am didn't help. Blegh. Where was Jerry? Sleeping. After he finally woke up and got showered (about 12:30) I was so exhausted from being sick that I literally said "they're yours" and jumped in bed. I didn't come down until 3. Didn't do too much the rest of the day. Rotted in the air conditioning playing my DS and watching "Flip this House" until the boys woke up. Around 8 or so we ran to Delhi and Jerry was checking Nana's HVAC ducts with a computer camera with built in LED's to see what was causing problems at the cabin. After he finished we jumped on the boat for BEAUTIFUL ride. The unbearably hot day made for a gorgeous evening ride. Normally it gets really cold riding at night, but it was awesome, not cool, not hot...just PERFECT. There wasn't a cloud in the sky so we saw tons of starts, little to no boat traffic- it just doesn't get any better than that!

Monday- took mom to CR to get her staples out, went to Target to grab a few things, and had dinner at Bennigans. Brendan wasn't too bad, only threw a few things on the floor. Ya know, there's something about Bennigans I've discovered. My kids NEVER had any interested in eating crayons in their lives. That is, until they ate at Bennigans. When Gary was Brendan's age, me and mom went there; we were talking and we just happened to look over at Gary to notice that he had blue wax all over his chin. I stuck a finger in his mouth and pried out fingerful after fingerful of chewed up blue crayon wax. He never ever tried crayons again. Yesterday, I happend to glance at Brendan as he bit the tip off of the blue crayon. I pried it out of his, mouth and he went to take another bite! Little shit! And we had just come from the doctors office where there was a bucket of crayons, and Brendan ran around with two in each hand, coloring every magazine he could find, yet he never took a bite! Crazy kid.

After we got home I let the boys play in the sandbox for about an hour. It's in the shade, so I just let them go to town. Holy cow, I have never seen so much sand on two kids before. They were sweating buckets from the heat and so the sand caked everywhere on them. Then they were pouring sand over each others head, so they also had scalps full of sand. When they were done, I shook off what sand I could and put them in the tub for bath #2 of the day. After baths, they both took a good nap.

After their nap I boldly decided to take them both to the Monti pool BY MYSELF. Kind of a crazy notion, but I went with it. They were both pretty ok, and Brendan only fell off the frog slide backwards twice. In the big pool Brendan kept getting PISSED at me and screaming because I wouldn't let him crawl out of the pool so he could run around that pool deck. Gary was having a RIOT climbing up the ladder and them jumping back in the pool from the side. He even got pretty brave part way through the evening and was putting his head part way under water! I was so proud of him! "I got water up my nose, but it's all gone now" he told me several times on the way home. I think the hardest part of the evening trying to get Gary and myself dressed while at the same time keeping Brendan away from playing in the toilets or from running out of the dressing room while I was naked. I'm really not fond of this toddler stage. Not much else the rest of the night. Oh, my neighbor to the north (north apt) got taken away in the police car. That's not the first time someone has been taken away in a cop car from those apartments. Or the second. Blegh, I want to move.

Today has been a lazy day. Catching up on housework, kids catching up on cartoons, same old same old. I asked Gary if he wanted me to fill his pool or turn on the sprinkler, and he declined, so I made no more mention of going outside. I'll just stay where it's cool, thank you very much. Tomorrow am the boys are getting haircuts, so I'll get some pics posted when we're done.

Enjoy summer, it's almost over!!!!!

5 comments:

Lis said...

We had a great time Saturday too! We'll have to get together soon.

Video Babe said...

I love it! Someone besides me that dresses their boys alike. I thought I was psyco or something when I do it. Still do. Give them a big hug, they are so cute!

Andi said...

Hi! I'm checking out your blog from April's (I'm her husband's cousin). I couldn't help but zero in on the WW references. Good for you and I know how hard it can be! Congratulations on almost getting your 10%, especially during picnic/festival season! My husband just started his own blog devoted to WW (he is an At-Work leader). If you are interested, www.liveitnotdiet.blogspot.com. If you want to check us out there is a link on Nora's site! (Ethan and Logan) - Andi

April said...

I'm really enjoying your blog! I can really relate to some of your posts about being a stay-at-home Mom. I'm not at the moment, but it is still very fresh in my mind!
I guess the whole world is taken with reality in any way, shape, or form they can get it. I like American Idol (I wanted Chris to win too!) and So You Think You Can Dance, but reading about someone one's life that you haven't seen in a long time is WAY better!

Rorick Family said...

Hi Mel! It is so fun to read about you and your adorable little boys! :) They are just too cute! Your blog is addicting and I love your humor. Do you keep in touch with other '94 grads?