Well, I'll try not to be long-winded. I had someone tell me that she read my latest "long-winded post", so I promise to be concise and to the point. Or maybe this blog is for me, so I really don't care. If it's too long-winded, you won't read it, right? Wow, my first statement is certainly long-winded, isn't it? How many times can I say long-winded? Long-winded. Ha.
What I've been up to:
Friday- took the boys to Cascade so I could get a map of garage sales. Hit a few pretty unsuccessfully, then I went to visit Lis at Cranberry Hollow. (Lis, did you ever get my text friday afternoon? My phone has no record of a message being sent..???) Then I took the boys to the park 'cause it was just a BEAUTIFUL day! I have a few pictures from the park posted further down in the blog. They had a great time, and we were only people there, so it was nice! While the boys were napping I had Granny come to the house for a few minutes so I could run to a sale at the Blue Chip. They were selling a buttload of restaurant supplies since they changed their look, and I picked up a bitchin' silver (not real silver) water pitcher, and 4 tea/water goblets for 5 bucks. Didn't do too much else the rest of the day or night.
Saturday- took the boys back over to Cascade to hit a few more garage sales. I scored khaki capris and a denim skirt for myself, and they both actually fit! Found cute jackets for both boys, and a few toys/books. Didn't find anything worth while for clothes for the boys. After I got home I made a cucumber salad, a fruit salad, and a jello cake for the Camp and Conference dinner that my parents arrange at the church. It's a meal that raises money to send kids of the church to camp during the summer. I would have liked to have gone to the dinner, but I don't dare do it with both boys. NOT FUN. Jerry went to do some mowing, and Gary really wanted to go with. He couldn't, so he cried and cried and fell asleep by the back door. Cleaned up the kitchen a little, and watched some Sex and the City. Just a quiet night a home.
Sunday- Gary had his first day of Sunday School today. He only cried for about 10 seconds, it was fabulous! He had a lot of fun, he was so excited to show me the butterfly he made. He'll miss Sunday School next week, 'cause we're taking him to A Day out with Thomas on Sunday. I can't wait! He'll just crap when he sees that train! (Hey Em, are you guys taking James?) I picked up Gary and brought him home, and then around 10am I finally went and woke Brendan up. He was STILL asleep. He had been waking up at 5:30/6am for the past week, so I decided to just let him go. He must have been catching up. Around 1, our sitter came over and Jerry and I went to CR and watched Beerfest. Was really funny. Wasn't Super Troopers, by any means, but it was damn funny. Also saw the preview for Jackass 2. Definitely going to have to see that one in the theater. Laughed myself a headache during the first one. Thought I was going to go into premature labor with Gary during the first Jackass. After the movie we wasted some time at Home Depot, and at PetSmart. Had dinner at Granite City, I had the cheese ravioli, it was actually really good! Came home, put the boys to bed, and I did the same.
Monday- VERY lazy day. Rained all day, so I stayed in my PJ's all day. I didn't dress Gary until like 2pm. Oops! I spent their naptime watching 2 1/2 hours of Sex and the City. Ya need a day like that every now and then, huh?
Today- Guess what! I SLEPT last night! I hadn't slept over 5 hours in over a week! I was SO SAD when I rolled over and saw that is was 7am. I had to get up to take Gary to preschool, and I actually wanted to sleep longer! Grrr! Hope I can sleep again tonight! Gary woke up excited to go to school today, and never even got the slightest bit upset! He was excited to be at school, and I was so happy to see him that way. He always talks about his new friends and his teachers, and it's just the cutest thing. Warms my heart like I never though possible.
I have been pretty productive this past week, too. I haven't gotten things done at the pace I wanted to get them done in, but they're getting done. My downstairs bathroom is clean (shower scrubbed, walls washed, etc), kitchen clean, living room clean (dusted, windows washed), Gary's room cleaned (toys organized, trim boards dusted, everything else dusted, windows washed, vacuumed, etc), and yesterday I took on the task that I hate. I went through Brendan's closet and dresser and pulled out all of the clothes from last winter and this summer that don't fit him any longer. I packed them all away in nice plastic (labeled) bins, and then I got out Gary 18-24mo/2T clothes and went through and hung them up/put them in the dressers. I went through and packed up clothes of Gary's that don't fit. Now all I have left of that task is go through the buttload of clothes I have been buying at garage sales for him and see what will fit now and get them hung up. It's quite a big task, and I'm excited that his grow has slowed a little and he can wear some of the same things as last year (not pants, of course) I think I might even be able to put him in the same winter coat- that's a pleasant surprise. Now for this week all I really want to accomplish is cleaning the upstairs bathroom and Brendan's room (which I will do while Gary is in school on Thursday) and then clean my office, and tidy up the rest of the house that has already been cleaned. Hopefully sometime after Jerry's party I'll be able to start in on the basement. THAT will be a bitch. The basement is where EVERYTHING goes when we don't quite know what to do with it. Now that we have a mitre saw, once the deck is done I want to get some 2 x 4's and plywood and construct some shelving to aid my quest for organization. I think this is probably pretty long-winded, so I will end this here! Hopefully I can get another post in soon. Make this damn rainy-dreary weather go away! Jerry and I need to get the deck finished!
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh my I love your long posts. You've got one up on Lis though, you know how to put a return/paragraph in every once in a while. Love the sleeping by the door photo. Soooo reminds me of my kids a few years back. Love the Monday all day in PJs. You have no idea what I look like when you email or call me on a Monday. Lucky my customers do not see me and I do not (usually) have to put my butt inside school to drop kids off.
I like your long posts too. (That way I don't feel so long winded when I write my own! hehe) We're having a huge garage sale @ Melinda's on Friday and Saturday in Monti on Southhaven drive. Stop by!!
Keep the long post coming... love them!
I did get your message but it was CRAZY at the store and then I forgot to send you a msg. back when it slowed down... sorry about that!
Where is Thomas going to be?
Post a Comment