Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Still Sick

Yesterday, around 4pm I brought Brendan downstairs from his nap. I laid him on the couch and took his temp 'cause he was feeling a little warm. Normal. He stayed on the couch from 4 until I finally put him back to bed around 9pm last night. He never sat up, he never rolled around, he just laid there drifting in and out of sleep states. I checked his temp again around 7pm, and it was 103.5. He was pretty lethargic and it scared me. I put him to bed last night and prayed for the best. This morning he work up much better with no temp, but he was STILL coughing a nasty wet cough (and had been off and on for 5 weeks), but the drippy snot had turned thick and green. Gary was still coughing after 3 weeks, too, so I decided to take them both to the doctor today. Dr. Schwindinger said that Brendan had a pretty good wheezing sound in his lungs, and Gary had it a little bit still, so she put both of them on a stronger antibiotic and also gave them an albuterol prescription for a nebulizer. She also checked Brendan's ears, and he had a raging infection in his right ear. Poor baby. Bronchitis and an ear infection. It's his first ear infection, so at almost 18 months, I think we're doing pretty well. Hopefully all of these drugs will FINALLY clear up these two. We've been dealing with something or another since the second week of August, so I'm getting a little tired. I'm just lucky I haven't gotten sick yet. Jerry has turned up sick in the past few days, though. Just what he needs on top of all of the stress he's experiencing. Hope he gets better before this weekend.

2 comments:

Lis said...

Feel sadness for you :( hope the boys perky up for the big weekend ahead... we are looking forward to it:)

Take Care!!

Video Babe said...

I did the nebulizer when Mitchel was very little too. It made him a little hyper at times, so watch for that. I ended up not giving it to him past afternoon. He grew out of it. Seemed every cold brought wheezing. As Ron would say - he no longer drinks milk.