Thursday, September 07, 2006

Snotty

I've got a cold. Or allergies. Or a sinus infection. I dunno what it is, but it sucks. I can't breathe, and I have wicked sinus pressure and a headache. I hardly slept last night 'cause I just can't when I can't breathe efficiently through my nostrils. Sucks.

Well, all I can say it, I'm not too good at the updates am I? Oh well. Let me think about what I have been doing....

Last week...
Gary didn't go to preschool last thursday 'cause he was sick... had the same respiratory bug that Brendan had, but we got him on antibiotics the previous day, so we were able to keep it to a minimum. Yay!

Friday. Don't remember

Saturday- Jerry took Gary to the Old Threshers Reunion in Mt Pleasant. There's buttloads of old tractors, some trains, engines, boy stuff. Guess he was pretty entertained the entire day! We even have some video of him riding a cute little small-scale garden train. I would so rather have a garden train winding it's way through my yard than a water feature any day. Me and Brendan spent the day with my mom, we went to Dyersville to walk through the model homes there, enjoyed yummies at Dairy Queen, and then wasted time and money at Ben Franklin (where I got some silk flowers to arrange for grandpas grave and a shepards hook for home) and then at Pamida. Whoopie. Got home and put Brendan to bed. Don't think I really did much else. My big boys came home around 7.

Sunday- Jerry, Gary and I helped Jerry's brother Matt move his girlfriend and her young 'uns into his house. Will there be a wedding in the future??? I hope so :) On the way home we stopped at the Sprint store and I got a new phone. I got a Treo 700 Palm. It rocks. I have been forgetting a lot of things lately (baby brain??), and this phone is awesome, 'cause it alerts you when you have something coming up, whether it be plans, appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. And I can play cool games. AND Jerry put a drink program on it for me, so that will be fun when we go out to eat. AND it has a 4.0 mega pixel camera, and it can shoot video. AND Jerry can 'zap' programs to me from his phone. Did I mention it's pretty cool? We then went to my parents house and joined them, my sister and her husband, and both of my grandmas for a grill out. I think Desi and Matt came home to Monti so they could show off their bitchin' new ride ;) Heh, I probably would, too. I love their new vehicular....it's Trail Blazer in a gorgeous red wine color, black leather seats, u name it. Purdy. Was nice to see them again!

Monday- Jerry and I played with the mitre saw today, and started on the deck. We got about 10-15 planks down before the kids got up from their nap. Once we figured out the angles and everything else, the boards went down pretty quickly! Next we have to cut some more boards and replace as far as we can to the hot tub, and then screw them all down. Then we'll have to get someone to help us move the hot tub, replace the boards under it, and then slide it back. Won't that be a frickin' riot. It's empty, so it shouldn't be terrible. Just not fun. Hey, free beer/pop/cosmos/whatever if you come help us!!! When we were done for the time being, we loaded up the old rotten planks and scrap lumber and tossed them in Jerry truck and took the to his parents house to burn. We ordered Casey's pizza and had that at his parents house.

Tuesday-Gary had his 2nd day of preschool. As soon as he woke up, I told him he was going to school, and he started crying. He cried for the next hour. He didnt' even eat breakfast. Cried all the way there, and cried as I walked him over to the door. He had fun, of course, and couldn't stop talking when I picked him up! He even said he had a girlfriend- Olivia (isn't that a riot Kati?) While Gary was at school, I let Brendan play around the yard and I started cleaning the garage. Let me tell you, that was wicked fun. I got most everything cleared out while Gary was in school, and I finished while the boys were napping. I really didn't throw anything away, I just took everything out, and then put it all away neatly. Orderly. Organized. I even organized/cleaned the attic area in the garage...that was tad warm. I love organization. It turns me on. But the garage is done, and I couldn't stop staring at my work when I was done. We can actually put the kids toys away at night and still walk around the cars. Amazing.

Wednesday- I took Brendan to mommy and me toddler series. Gary went to play with Granny for a few hours while I did that. Mommy and me this time around with Brendan just isn't as fun as it was with Gary. I attribute that to the fact that for the most part I know what I'm doing this time around, and I'm not there this time to meet other mommies and set up playgroups with them. I already have my friends from the first group and have playgroups with them. I really love Andi, the facilitator of the group, so I will keep going. Brendan was the only toddler there that literally clung to his/her mommy's leg. That sure was fun! He's such a bruiser, yet he flips out when I'm not around. Crazy. After mommy and me, I went to Target to get some diapers, toothbrushes, etc. I had forgotten my wallet at home so I was planning on paying by check. Well, I wrote the check out, and then she asked me for my ID. WTF? RARELY have I EVER had to show my ID there! I said I didn't have it, she flipped her light on to get some help from someone else. Some idiot came over, pushed a button, then asked me if I had another method of payment. I said no, I forgot my wallet so I had to use checks. He said he couldn't accept my check without a valid ID. F'er! You mean, there isn't any info in your system of me from the hundreds of checks I've written to Target in the past? No? WFT! I was steaming mad. I mean, this is my favorite store, and at this point I was so mad I was ready to boycott the store, and I even own stock in it! Gah! Home I went, fuming all the way. Took the boys home for their naps, and while they were sleeping I mowed and trimmed the lawn. After they woke up, I took them out to Mimi's house and I went in to the dentist so they could take the stitch out and check the healing where they yanked the wisdom tooth. He said all looked well. Yippee. Afterwards, I promptly went across the street to Casey's and purchased a monster-sized Coke. I had a wicked caffeine headache that required my immediate attention. Crisis averted, I picked the boys up and we headed home. Most of yesterday my sinuses were closing up. Maybe it was all of the dust I stirred up while cleaning the garage the day before. Maybe it was the fresh cut grass. Maybe I caught some bastards cold. I dunno. I watched some Sex and the City, season 2 last night before bed (Thanks Kelly for loaning me the videos!). Tried to sleep, slept for about an hour, couldn't sleep 'cause I was stuffed up, went to the couch, and spent most of the night vertical on my reclining couch. Didn't sleep much.

Today- Took Gary to school for his 3rd day of school. Better day today, only cried for the 15 minutes before we left! Of course, I picked him and he was happy as a clam, giving his teachers hugs. What a shit. He promised his teachers he wouldn't cry next time, so we'll see how that goes. While Gary was in school, I ran to Wal-Mart 'cause I REALLY needed the diapers that I couldn't get a Target yesterday. I also wanted to get some pseudoephedrine for my congestion, but the pharmacy didn't open 'till 9. It wasn't even 8:20 yet. I had to waste 40 minutes in Wal-Mart. Blow. But, I DID find a rockin' comforter/bedskirt/pillow sham set -king size- clearanced for less than half price, as well as matching pillow cases and window panels also for less than half price. That was a bonus. I have wanted to change out our thinning comforter for awhile now. So I finally got my Sudafed and was out of there. I went home, and pulled the bedding off of our bed, washed everything, and flipped the mattress. Then I picked up Gary and brought him home. When I got home, I started cleaning my room. I mean REALLY cleaning...dusting everything (including ceiling fan), washing windows/sills inside and out, washing trim boards, washing bedding, vacuuming, you name it. My room looks awesome now. Fed boys, let them play outside a bit, and then put them down for a nap. While they napped, I went and lay down on our new bedding and thought about taking a nap. Instead, I pulled out the DS and played some New Super Mario Bros. I saved the princess. I rock. Once I did that, I went down stairs and went to work cleaning the kitchen/entry area. It was nasty, and I was quite embarassed at how scruddy and cluttered everything had gotten. It's all clean now, and I'm happy. Tomorrow I'm aiming for cleaning my office, the downstairs bathroom, and the living room. Saturday will probably be more work on the deck, and hopefully sometime Sunday I would like to clean the upstairs bathroom, and Gary and Brendan's room. I'm on a mission here, darn it! After the boys woke up from their nap today I took them to mom's house and weighed in at WW. I gained 2 lbs. Whoops. Guess that's gonna happen when you make no effort at all to not eat everything in sight. I skipped the meeting and went to an open house not too far from Jerry's parent's house. Pretty cool, but totally NOT worth the 195,000 they're asking. I mainly wanted to see what about the house was worth that much, and I've concluded that it's simply NOT worth it. But I'm satiated, anway. And now I'm thinking about heading to bed. Sleep will be mine, darn it. It will be mine.

3 comments:

Lis said...

I was wondering what happened to you... missed your blogs! Busy beaver you are!!! I gained 1.5lbs... I gotta get my head in the game! You ROCK getting all this cleaning done!!!! is my house next? HA HA

mgutzeitporter said...

Mel, Please come to my house next! hehe I'm lucky if I get the floors swept and dishes done during the week. Scott has really pitched in though! I agree, it's good to hear about you and the boys! I missed laughing hysterically reading your blogs! Take care! Melissa

Rorick Family said...

You are just too funny! Thanks for entertaining me on my boring Saturday night! :) I hope you don't boycott Target, but that must have really sucked. Also, thanks for mentioning ceiling fans... because I'm sure mine could use a swipe or two!