Yes it has. I've been very busy; on the go constantly for nearly two weeks! Yesterday I swore up and down that all I was going to do was nap, sit on the couch, watch TV, and play a little guitar hero. Instead, I cleaned and vacuumed Gary's room, Brendan's room, and the toy room (both boys helped), washed bedding, strung some Christmas lights outside, anchored our lit snowman to the porch swing, cleaned the kitchen, did dishes, etc., so I never even had time to be lazy.
My Christmas shopping is nearly done, with a huge thanks going out to Kati for watching the boys for a day the week before Thanksgiving. I only have 4 people left, and of course they're the toughies!! It feels good to have nearly all of the shopping done, and all presents that I have wrapped and under the tree. Speaking of trees, the Friday after Thanksgiving I put up our new (to us) tree! It's a huge 7.5 ft tree inherited from the in-laws, and it looks just beautiful all set up and lit!!! I thought it was going to be too big for my house (my house isn't that big), but I think it looks pretty nice where it is. It probably IS too big, but it still looks nice.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. I did a lot of baking and preparing; making 4 batches of homeade dinner rolls, two Snickers cheesecakes, and some green bean casserole. We had a huge feast at my Grandma Anderson's house with my parents, and dad's brother and his family. Then just as digestion began, we had to pack it up and head over to Jerry's Granny's house! It was a full house as always, and Jerry and his brother had a contest to see who could eat the most food. They were tied at over 4 lbs of food each, but of course Jerry couldn't be outdone, so he downed 2 pieces of pumpkin pie coated with whipped cream to out do Matt's one piece. Insane. Gary had a ball playing with Jacie (Matt's fiance's daughter) who is 6. They ran around like little kids should. It was just precious. All in all, too much food was consumed, and weight watchers is calling me back to it's wicked point constraints.
Saturday Jerry and I drove to Peoria, IL to my uncle's wedding. His wife of 35 some years passed away last December. He found solace with someone in his church, and on Saturday they were married. I just hope he and Lynda are happy, and have a fulfilling marriage!
So many things have been going on....plumbing fiascos (our sewer has backed up again....twice), Jerry built me shelves, DVR now wired to work on the basement TV, dentists appointments (Brendan had his first!), birthday parties, Christmas shopping, MOPS meetings, mom's night out with MOPS ladies, sunday school, preschool, visit to Altoona to see Desi and Matt, Pampered Chef party, uppercase living party, haircuts and waxes, women's choir, you name it. This week is going to be crazy, too! I'm watching Olivia and Deacon today while their mom and dad finish up some Christmas shopping. The boys have a haircut tomorrow, and Wednesday is Gary's 5th birthday. Jerry also leaves for San Francisco on Wednesday and won't be back until Saturday, so I will have to watch the boys, clean the house, bake and decorate birthday treats for school and a cake for his birthday party, as well as plan out everything for the two parties Gary's having on Saturday, all while Jerry is gone. I'm thinking on Wednesday night of taking the boys to Chuck E Cheese for Gary's birthday. Not sure yet, though.
Anyway... I think I'll end this blog at that. Be sure to scroll down for quite a few pictures that I've posted!!!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You've been really busy...but I'm glad you found some time to post. I'm glad that I'll be able to help you out Thursday, Friday and Saturday! And yes Mel, the tree does look great! BTW, I need Christmas present ideas for you all!
Bought time you posted something!! The kids has a blast at your place yesterday, they would have preferred going to your house today instead of the sitters. They hadn't been there for 2 weeks so they didn't really want to go at all. So if you ever want a part time babysitting job I think I know 2 kids who would come there!! LOL
Post a Comment