Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Observations

*Recently Brendan has started trying to sit up, propping himself on his elbows, while I'm changing his diaper. He always wants to take a peek at the poop. Doesn't work so well.

*While at Burger King today, I was changing Brendan's poopy diaper in the bathroom (while he tried to sit up and look at it) and an employee came in and used the bathroom. She left without washing her hands. If I hadn't already just eaten, I would have left immediately.

*Gary is a VERY social child. He'll talk to ANYBODY. And I mean ANYBODY.

*My brain is shot. Last night I totally forgot about women's choir, and that is my one weekly respite away from the boys. And I forgot about it. I didn't remember until I was driving down to Casey's to pick up a pizza and I drove past the church and saw all of the cars, and then said aloud "wonder what's going on tonight".

*While going to city hall today to vote for mayor, the boys were rolling hot wheels across the floor; basically being boys, and one of the little old ladies said, "Wow they sure are healthy boys, aren't they". I figured that was a nice way of calling them out of control brats.

Time to go...Jerry said he's going to try to set his hand on fire. He's been reading about fire-breathing and he thinks he wants to try it. He also read about pouring alcohol across your skin and you have a 5-second window before your skin burns, so he thinks he wants to try it. Whatever. I just told him not to use my vodka. That, and the kids are in bed so he'd have to find his own ride to the hospital. How can my life get any more weird?

7 comments:

Chad said...

Just remind Jerry of his monitor cleaning accident while at ISU. He'll probably change his mind real quick about trying to burn his hand with alcohol. lol.

Anonymous said...

My favorite comment was "Don't use my vodka!" A girl after my own heart. Who's the new mayor? Anyone that I would know?

Mel said...

Don Ho Miyagawa! I'm so thrilled that it's not Jerry Wilbricht anymore.

Michaela said...

That's so Jerry! Yea, I'm really glad it's not Jerry Wibricht anymore too! Good luck with Jerry! ha!

mgutzeitporter said...

I've always known you were funny, but your blog cracks me up!!! I agree with April..."don't use my vodka!" hehe I didn't even know that Don Ho was living in Monti again. I thought he was in Cascade?!?

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Tell Brendan when he goes on the potty, then he can look at it! Aren't you glad you have 3 little boys?

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that Don Ho is now the mayor! He's told me he was running and I thought he'd be a great candidate!!! You crack me up as well, Mel!!! Hope Jerry stays safe and in one piece ;)