Monday, October 02, 2006

Alive

Not much to post right now. Just wanted to post something to let you all know I'm alive. Bored, tired, a little depressed, but alive. Saw a job posting in the CR Gazette Sunday for a one doctor gynecology office that would be the perfect job for me. Problem is, it's 8-5, so with driving from Monti to CR means 7-6, put the kids in to bed by 8 so we can wake up by 6 the next morning. I would see my kids 2 hours a day. From 6pm to 8pm. And in that time I would have to try to cram supper, clean-up, bathtime, clothes ready for the next day, and then some snuggle time. Plus I would have to pull Gary out of preschool. And I would have to find daycare. BUT it would be money. Money I so desperately need right now. (The thought of X-mas coming up and having to buy so many people presents just about makes me cry) I don't know what to do. I guess I could just send my resume and see what happens. Who knows, maybe they pay like 17 bucks an hour (HAA) and I would be a fool NOT to take the job. Why can't I find an awesome part-time job like that? And in Monticello? Hell, I'd even work a good full-time job if I could find one in Monticello, it would give me little more time with the kids than a full-time job in CR........

So, who can I use as a reference??

4 comments:

Lis said...

I wish I could help you out with kids... but hey whats it hurt to send your resume... I say go for it! Things will work out, they always seem to, right?
Heck yeh you could use Jer or I as a reference.

I know once this house is done I am getting a job... somewhere so I can have some balance in life too - I know the feeling!!

mgutzeitporter said...

You could use me. I've known you for what, 29 years?!?!?!?!

Video Babe said...

Lets see you have been a consultant for my business for what, 7 years???? Make up something and put my name on it girl. but I am in no hurry for you to go back to work. See it is a 5 year plan. Stay with them til they are both in school if you can. Irreplaceable time. Sorry for my spelling. Jenn

April said...

I know that with me working full-time right now I don't get as much time with Nora as I should. However, we are getting ourselves out of the whole which benefits all of us. Plus (ok, this isn't true at the moment, but it usually is) I need adult interaction to be a better mommy. When mommy is unhappy, everyone is unhappy!

I know you'll do what is best for you and your children. Good luck!